ZPG owns and operates some of the UK`s most-trusted digital platforms. Our brands help both consumers and our partners to understand the market and make smarter decisions. The ZPG Group benefits from its multi-brand, multi-channel approach and each of our brands has a distinct market position with an unrivalled proposition.
Summary of Role
We are looking for a BI Developer, passionate about all things technology and data, to be part of the Data & Analytics team. This is a key role in providing a fast-moving business with help and support when needed but also work on allocated tasks for the Data & Analytics team and other parts of the business. The perfect candidate would be an individual with the correct technical background and the eagerness to learn and further themselves.
- Help maintain existing reporting solutions and provide first line of support when needed (Power BI, ad hoc reporting).
- Working with related tech teams (IT, Infrastructure, Data teams) to achieve a great data platform in terms of stability, performance, accessibility, and data quality.
- Work with all other teams who are using our reporting solutions by becoming a super-user and provide support and guidance as required.
- Support the Senior BI Developer in creating and maintaining ETL processes.
- Support the business in designing and developing reporting suites.
- Guide business users and analysts to access the data required for insight / analysis.
- Managing business user access requests, security groups and so forth across our data platforms (AWS, Google, Power BI) including licensing where appropriate.
- Extract data from our data warehouse using SQL.
- Support the BI Team by publishing development release notes to the business.
- Ad hoc tasks, BAU, and projects as determined by the Line Manager, Head of Data & Analytics, etc.
- Relevant degree in IT, computer science or engineering.
- Strong numerical and data analysis skills.
- In-depth knowledge of Power BI or an equivalent tool such as Tableau, Qlik, etc..
- Excellent SQL and reporting development experience, including advanced Excel skills.
- An understanding of Kimball methodology.
- Hands-on experience at working with ETL process in a data warehouse environment.
- Hands-on experience with Python or other ETL scripting.
- Must be well organised, able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Proactive problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written English and verbal communication skills as well as a strong work ethic.
- In-depth knowledge of Power BI and / or PowerPivot, Analysis Services, etc.
- Hands-on experience of DAX or M programming languages.
- Hands-on experience of the AWS stack (inc. S3, RDS, and Redshift)..
- Hands-on experience of the Google stack (inc. Google Analytics, Data Studio, and BigQuery).
- Hands-on experience of Salesforce.
- Knowledge of other reporting tools like Tableau or Qlik..
- Knowledge of Active Directory (AD).