Someone who understands that “what you build” is just as important as “how you build it”. Someone who wants to do more than just code. We want dreamers, creators, someone who likes to discuss ideas and push the boundaries of technology.
Who we are
Yoti is a global company whose aim is to be the world’s trusted identity system. We have seriously ambitious goals to become the world's most secure and data sensitive company. Our passionate team works to improve the way people share their personal information. Innovative products like the Yoti mobile app help people to prove who they are online and in person.
We are creating a new concept. Something that has never been done before, Why not be part of something truly innovative and creative. Yoti is here to fight against fraud and build a secure identity system for individuals and businesses. We are a company who are pushing the boundaries of technology for a safer world.
More about this Team and Project
Yoti is changing the way people prove their identity. Our products are built from the ground up to respect customers' privacy and put you in control. We will never sell on customer data - we couldn’t even if we wanted to. Building products that are simple to use and easy to understand in the world of privacy, security and personal data is a tough challenge.
The Connections team are building an application to let individuals establish relationships between one another and then share
these connections with third parties. The team is cross-functional and currently consists of three backend devs, two Front-end devs, and two QAs. We operate in an Agile environment with regular sprints, planning sessions, grooming sessions and retrospectives
We aim to deliver great code through following best practices, unit testing, code reviews, modern tooling and pair programming.
We are recruiting for a senior Front-end developer to help bring this product to market. You will be responsible for the development of new Front-end features and, in collaboration with UX/UI designers, back-end developer and the product owner, help make the Connections system a pivotal component in Yoti’s product suite. You will be supported in a friendly and experienced team, and sit within a larger tech team of over 180 developers using a multitude of different technologies. We deliver high quality work in a fast paced environment. While we expect you to hit the ground running, we also care about you and invest in your learning.
We expect you to have demonstrable experience in the following:
- Expert in React with Flux (we use Redux) - writing scalable and maintainable code.
- Expert in modern JS development tooling and processes (Webpack, Babel, ES6+, etc).
- Experience with TDD/BDD methodologies and tooling such as Jest, Enzyme, etc.
- Understanding of software engineering concepts and design patterns.
- Source control systems (GIT) and associated working practises
- Experience working in an agile environment.
- Comfortable working in a team, mentoring less experienced developers and championing best-
We don’t want people to stagnate, we don’t want people to just “get by”, we offer a magnitude of tools so you continue to learn,
challenge yourself, evolve as a techie and keep you constantly engaged. We even have a Yoti Labs for the people who like to play with new tools, experiment and want to build something out of this world!
We are based in Central London, by Bank, 5 minutes walk away from London Bridge and Liverpool Street Stations. We aresurrounded by a bunch of restaurants, enough to try a new lunch menu every day for a good few months!
This is a fantastic opportunity to get involved with a company doing crazy-complex projects, in a fun and exciting environment, where creativity is rewarded! You will also be working on something which millions of people could well be using daily! This kind of opportunity does not come round often so what are you waiting for, apply today and build something amazing tomorrow!
If your application is successful please be aware that as part of our pre-employment checks:
- We will check your details against fraud prevention databases
- We will check identity; address match; PEPs and sanctions; bank validation, verification, fraud checks, negative data (CCJ, bankruptcy)
- If our investigations identify fraud or other criminal offences both when applying for a job and during your employment, we will record the details on the relevant fraud prevention databases. This information may be accessed from the UK and other countries and used by law enforcement agencies and other organisations to prevent fraud.
- Please contact HR@Yoti.com to get information on which fraud prevention databases we use.