Advisian is the independent consulting business line of WorleyParsons Group. We provide global expertise to clients in the energy and resources, infrastructure and utilities sectors. Advisian employs more than 3,000 people operating across 19 countries, supported by over 22,800 employees in the wider WorleyParsons Group.
Advisian are seeking Technical Consultants to work within our EMEA organisation, to be key members of the team providing consulting services and contributing to business development activities across the full range of the chemical and petrochemical industry clients.
Successful candidates will demonstrate competence in areas including Chemical/Petrochemical Process Technology, Feasibility Study development including Technical and Economic Evaluation, Project Concept Development, Investment Strategy Development as well as support our Technical Due Diligence and Lender’s Technical Consultant assignments.
Role location is flexible, with either Advisian London, Madrid or our Abu-Dhabi offices being suitable locations, but additional locations can be considered for otherwise strong candidates.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
As an experienced professional, the Principal Consultant will be expected to:
- Be a strong self-starter and motivated to succeed
- Able to work within a ‘sell-do’ model
- Lead and manage consultancy assignments with client organizations whilst controlling quality, cost and client satisfaction
- Have a demonstrable track record and expertise for projects involving the production of lower olefins and associated conversion petrochemical processes
- In-depth technical expertise for steam cracking and/or polyolefin processes is a plus
- Track record for integrated refinery / petrochemical project is also a plus, but not essential
- Recognize their project PM responsibilities, have excellent organizational skills and be good at communicating and guiding others; working / managing more than a single project at any one time, thereby necessitating excellent ability to multi-task, work without supervision, exercise good judgment and communicate with colleagues of a wider Advisian organisation.
- Must be able to travel within EMEA region on short trips including overnight stay for up to approximately 30% of the time.
- Support and lead marketing and business development activities to sell consulting engagement of various sizes.
- Identify new opportunities and leads
- Prepare proposals, execution plans and budgets
- Meet and present to clients to assist with the selling process.
- Support a continuous improvement culture and to identify gaps, to input into the development of work processes, tools and methodologies to drive productivity and growth
- Prepare and deliver conference papers at international events
- Support the growth of the business
- Primary degree in a subject relevant to Energy or Downstream Industries, generally Chemical Engineering, but also chemistry/biochemistry
- Relevant higher education degree is a plus (Masters, PhD, MBA)
- 15+ years of industry experience with a specific technical and/or commercial focus in the hydrocarbon processing and/or chemicals industries
- Work experience with a technical consultancy (within an engineering group) or a process licensor company is a major plus
- Knowledge of process / thermodynamic simulation software, as well as LP modelling is a plus
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, as well as good cultural awareness of Middle Eastern and FSU clients,
- Should be able to provide professional and concise reports in English and presentations appropriate for both technical and leadership audiences within our client organisations.
- Russian Language is a plus
- Diplomatic in meeting and working with people (internally and externally)
- Have a positive and flexible attitude to meet client’s challenges within lump sum engagement constraints;
- Have a pragmatic personality with customer facing skills – comfortable communicating at all levels of an organisation and can translate between technical and business language