Our Acquisitions & Programming department is now looking for an Acquisitions Administrator. The position will be based at our office in Chiswick, West London and is a full-time position working Monday - Friday 9am to 5.30pm.
Who we are...
Viasat World is a leading international media company with a comprehensive channel and SVOD portfolio spanning the factual, entertainment, drama, film and sport genres. Operating 27 Pay-TV channels and on-demand services in key markets, we have over 145 million subscriptions across 50+ countries and territories. Our world-class, compelling content is available in 17 different languages, expertly curated across our 19 content brands. Born out of a vast library of celebrated, contemporary programming, our core factual entertainment brands, Viasat Explore, Viasat History, Viasat Nature and Viasat Life, bring history to life, tell natures own stories and deliver timeless real-life entertainment through inspirational storytelling. Launching in key markets in December 2017, flagship content brand Epic Drama will be home to the worlds best drama series. In addition, our seven distinct movie channels include TV1000, TV1000 Action, TV1000 Russian Kino and ViP Premiere, positioning us as the number one movie provider in Russia. The channels screen everything from Hollywood blockbusters to the very best internationally-acclaimed titles, featuring some of the greatest stars of all time. Committed to digital excellence, our aim is to secure SVOD rights for almost all of our content. We operate ViP Play, a streaming service available in Russia and CIS, giving viewers access to our portfolio of channels and full content library. The TV1000 Russian Kino direct-to-consumer service is the latest addition to our digital portfolio, providing subscribers outside of Russia with access to a vast collection of the latest and greatest Russian films and TV series.
The candidate will work together with the Acquisitions Managers/Executives and Programme Managers within the Acquisitions & Programming department. They will support the department on a daily basis and administrate all new and on-going deals. This includes adding finalised deals to in-house database and coordinating all relevant paperwork associated to these deals as well as staying on top of contract terms, title selections, product delivery, payment terms, invoicing etc.
- Responsible for the timely processing of all new acquisitions deals.
- Coordinating and attending monthly internal financial approval meetings. Ensuring team prepare relevant paperwork in a timely manner. Taking notes during meeting and ensuring relevant paperwork is signed following meetings.
- Checking commercial terms on contracts and preparing for signature.
- Inputting commercial terms into the relevant in-house databases (training will be provided in house).
- Deal memos - drafting external and internal deal memos (short form agreement) and arranging for signatures.
- Transmission reports - complete transmission reports. Information gathered from BSS or WhatsOn or any other system is launched.
- Preparing and circulating relevant internal paperwork once contracts are signed.
- Maintaining existing deals with amendments and updates.
- Invoices - raising purchase orders for new deals and liaison with our Finance department re payment of invoices.
- Acting as first point of contact for internal queries regarding rights management database. Resolving queries and updating relevant databases as necessary.
- Full responsibility for the acquisition deal filing system.
- General administration.
- Liaising with various internal departments such as Legal, Finance, Programme Planning as well as our offices abroad.
- Updating Legal pending lists, Approval list
- Export and circulate reports for the weekly catch-up meeting.
- Assisting with managing the production schedules and deliverable timelines for co-productions.
- Industry Markets - Handle the organisation of the markets & book meetings (LA Screenings, Mipcom, Mip TV etc).
- Arranging meetings & booking conference rooms.
- Handle travel arrangement for the department.
- Covering for the Senior Administrator as required.
- Assist with entering programme prospects into JIRA.
- Highly organised and detail oriented.
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and an aptitude for calculations and figures.
- Ability to prioritise and work towards tight deadlines.
- Excellent command of the English language both written and orally.
- Preferably previous experience working within a broadcast environment and be able to deal with external suppliers.
- Experience working with databases would be an advantage.
- The candidate needs to be pro-active, self-motivated, dynamic and efficient, and be able to remain focused throughout repetitive but essential tasks.
This is a fantastic role for someone looking to work for a fast paced, successful and exciting international organisation within the media industry.