What you’ll be doing...
Continuous improvement efforts drive our business and you will work with customer technical teams to provide solutions for customers' internetworking communications requirements. You will be performing routed/switched network design activity for our large enterprise customer data networks. As the primary interface to customers in support of their WAN/LAN enterprise projects, you will make us better by creating great enterprise customer data networks. And here, better matters.
- Investigating, designing, planning, and implementing communications networks.
- Partnering with customer teams to develop solutions that support their requirements.
- Preparing network schematics to define and illustrate network design solutions.
- Creating hardware and software configuration upgrades.
- Providing IP addressing and routing strategies.
- Preparing detailed work orders for technicians.
We are currently recruiting for an onsite and customer-facing role in Welwyn Garden City a
Lead Network Engineer
As a Network Operations Engineers to provide 3rd level operations support. These includes hands-on troubleshooting, implementation of changes and maintaining technical documentation, defining operational processes and assess the impact of new customer solutions and products to the team.
- Be the operational in-depth technical expert for a complex and bespoke managed network solution or technology (eg Cisco (Routing and Switching), HP, Juniper) and be final escalation point.
- Act as a key escalation point for Tier 1 and Tier 2
- Troubleshoot, classify and correlate network incidents and problems on Expert level
- Implement complex and design impacting changes
- Provide a key trusted business partnership with our customer
- Join major incident conference calls to assist in troubleshooting activities
- Be available to work out of business hours for maintenance or on-call activations
What we’re looking for...
Your technical skills are top notch, and you are known for digging into the details to find the best solutions. You know how to get to the bottom of your customers’ needs, and how to manage your stakeholders’ expectations. Talking to people comes very naturally to you and you have an ability to communicate complex information in a way that people understand – whether verbal or written.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Cisco Certified Network Administrator (CCNA) certification.
- Experience with Cisco LAN switching, WAAS, Juniper routing and internal wireless products.
- Project management experience.
- Experience with contemporary technologies including MPLS, TCP/IP, IPSec, BGP, QoS, IP Telephony, Multicast, and/or other similar tools.
- Technical knowledge and CCNP experience.
- Designed and implemented large scale customer networks.
You bring/ you are…
- Several years of experience in implementing or operating complex IP networks
- Relevant experience in network operations to a senior level
- Excellent understanding of routing and switching technologies
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) or equivalent experience
- Very Customer- & Service-oriented mindset
- Team player with excellent communications skills and structured work approach
- Fluent in English – both verbal and written
- ITIL certification or understanding desired
- Basic UNIX skills
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.