Our team & you
To continue to change and improve the lives of our customers, we are reinventing the telco business by creating a rich eco-system of content and services that will engage our mobile customers. We want to use content to connect with our customers, build loyalty, reduce churn and drive monetisation.
To do that successfully, we need a team of experienced leaders in the media and technology space. We’re building a first of its kind engagement platform based on chat, contextual media and artificial intelligence and wrapping this up with a broad array of content. We need visionaries who want to pioneer change, go beyond their comfort zone and help us build this ecosystem.
As VEON Content Marketing Lead, you will be responsible for helping define the content marketing strategy as well as implement that strategy across our 12 markets.
Sound like you? If you think you can do awesome here, drop a line. We’re waiting to meet you!
Within 30 days, you'll...
Familiarize yourself with VEON as a company, product, objectives of the Content Team and specifically the work streams of the Content Marketing function.
Meet (virtually and in person where appropriate) with various OpCo’s Content teams and other stakeholders (Product, Marketplace, Legal, GTM, Brand) to understand the company goals and how the Content group fits in. Assist with delivery of the 2018 Content Workshop, in May.
Within 60 Days You Will
Execute against the Q2 quarterly marketing plan and KPIs and complete the detailed planning for Q3. We will have Phase One of a major electronic music campaign running throughout part of Q2, and it will be your responsibility to not only manage the success of the latter part of this campaign (and produce a campaign wrap-up report) but also create a business case and rationale for Phase 2.
Within 90 Days You Will
Execute against Q3’s marketing strategy. Attend at least one external industry event where you will evangelize VEON’s product and mission.
Establish, track, and report progress on content metrics and KPIs for leadership and the entire company. You will use this to inform the planning for Q4 into 2019.
What else will you do?
- Content Marketing Strategy: Continue to develop the content marketing strategy which employs video, music, games and influencers to create loyalty and engagement with our mobile customers.
- Execution & Production: Execute the content marketing strategy including defining the content stories, identifying talent and influencers, overseeing production and assessing the results and performance.
- Collaborating & Coordinating: Collaborate with individual operating countries and their respective marketing departments to build a plan and execute on local content marketing plans.
- Social Media Management: work with social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and other emerging social media platforms to drive traffic to the Veon platform
- Campaign tracking: Track your work against an agreed set of business KPIs and objectives
- Manage senior in-house creative consultant
- Manage a number of third party contributors, talent and partnerships – including on-boarding and payment
- Manage our PR strategy
- Manage the monthly Content newsletter
- Where relevant, organisation of internal event/s to align colleagues across our territories
- Spot content trends and consider how they can be adapted for VEON
- Thought leadership / industry outreach, including attendance at conferences
A Bit About You
- You are a self-starter who is comfortable working pro-actively across a range of tasks. We use agencies very rarely, and never for idea creation/generation or project management
- 8+ Years in a marketing role with large brands, advertising agencies, media companies, consumer-focused technology businesses or within a consumer facing brand
- Experience developing digital and content marketing strategies as well as executing those strategies. Deep understanding of consumer engagement and demand generation. Knowledgeable around customer loyalty tracking tools
- A digital native with an instinctive understanding for mobile and social media and what makes good content campaigns
- Experienced across a range of content “passion points” including music. Expertise in electronic music a huge plus, should have a detailed understanding of the independent and electronic music sector
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Content Marketing, Search Engine Optimization, Content Production, Analytical
- Collaborative, hardworking, ambitious, passionate about work, problem solver and strategic thinker
- Willing to travel to Russia, Italy, Eurasia, Pakistan and Bangladesh
- Fluent in English with professional level writing skills(Russian or Italian would be a significant bonus)
More About Us
Discover moments of awesomeness and our careers blog --> http://bit.ly/2lXbUxi
10 reasons why you should join VEON now --> http://bit.ly/2rYhe7O
For the latest updates follow us on LinkedIn --> http://bit.ly/2rYhe7O
Good overview of our vision and strategy --> http://bit.ly/2mopfzA
Do you want to be part of a team that engages over 235 million customers across 12 rising markets? Do you want to pioneer new experiences to hundreds of millions of customers in the markets of tomorrow? We are doing things never thought possible.
Enter VEON, a revolutionary personal internet platform that integrates powerful data analytics and artificial intelligence to finally put the user in control. With zero-rating as a fundamental component of the service, VEON allows users to stay connected for free, no matter the status of their data plan — even when they are out of credit. VEON’s fresh take on messaging capabilities enables users and communities to connect by voice, text, picture and video through a stunning designed interface.
We are already live in five of our key markets including Pakistan , Russiaand Ukraine .
Working at VEON demands a high standard of business ethics and adherence to our legal obligations, our values and our Code of Conduct and supporting compliance policies and procedures. Our pioneering spirit is embodied in our values to be customer obsessed, entrepreneurial, innovative, collaborative, and truthful. Being truthful requires us to act ethically, honestly, and with integrity.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity.
VEON does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, VEON employees or any other company location. VEON is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.