Trainline is an innovative, tech business with a mission to make travel as simple, seamless and affordable as possible. We’re proud to be Europe’s leading independent train and coach platform and rank among the highest-rated travel and ticketing apps globally. Today, we offer our customers travel to thousands of destinations in and across 36 countries in Europe and beyond. That’s more than £2.3 billion in ticket sales annually, and over 60 million visits to our apps and websites each month.
Our culture is central to our success. We’re driven to sustain our phenomenal growth from recent years, and this means we’re always working closely and collaboratively to turn our ideas into reality. It’s this sense of pace, innovating and improving pretty much everything we do, that makes Trainline so exciting and unique - we truly believe our work has a genuine impact and will change travel for the better.
Critical to our continued success is ensuring a great customer experience across all markets and, as we continue to develop our international markets we are looking for Freelance Translators to join our localisation team throughout September to December 2018 on an hourly basis during UK business hours, with the potential for ongoing contract work.
You will contract through an umbrella company or you will have your own ltd company.
The role requires applicants with a passion for linguistics and attention to detail with translation experience gained within marketing, apps, websites and digital content. This is an exciting opportunity to deliver a critical project and full training will be provided.
What you'll be doing
- Translate our content from English to your specialist language
- Potential to work remotely with the Localisation team in our offices in London to ensure all content is correct, clear, on brand and suits the required market
- Be prepared to work with a fast-paced team
- Original texts will be provided by the Localisation team in English
What you'll bring
- You are fluent in English
- University degree in Linguistics, Translations (or a related field)
- Extensive translation expertise gained within transport, marketing, apps websites and digital
- Working knowledge of CAT tools (Trados, Deja-Vu, Smartling etc)
- Some testing experience required (ideally within apps)
- Professional and reliable with a strong focus on detail and quality to work
- Be eligible to work as self-employed in the UK with own equipment, internet access, mobile phone etc…