Canback Consulting is a high growth management consulting firm leveraging predictive analytics with an expertise in emerging markets, owned by the Economist Group. From our headquarters in Boston, we operate on a global scale with some of the world’s largest companies as clients. As of today, this has taken our consultants on the ground in over 85 countries (and counting), including extensive work in Asia, Africa and Latin America.
We are hiring a Senior Business Analyst (SBA) for our consulting group. SBAs work closely with Canback leadership and with client leadership to evaluate business problems, assemble recommendations, and communicate information and ideas clearly throughout projects. The SBA is an exciting and challenging role, with the opportunity to work independently and creatively. As we are a small firm, SBAs will be exposed to all aspects of our business and will likely travel extensively internationally. The SBA is a client-facing role, working on projects under the direction of a Project Manager.
Posting date: 31 May 2018
Closing date: 28 June 2018
In The Role You Will Be Expected To
- Integrate qualitative data. Most executives are not used to reviewing statistics alone. We pride ourselves on being managerially relevant in our presentations;
- Create presentations and participate in regular updates with clients; and
- Manage in-country consultants who help us develop local insights to bridge the geographic and cultural gap.
- Manage projects for multinational firms in emerging markets;
- Travel abroad for projects
To Succeed In The Role You Must Have
- master’s degree with a leaning towards quantitative data analysis from a leading university.
- proven extensive experience of management consulting, including some time leading a module or small engagement;
- relevant experience conducting detailed statistical analysis in Stata; and
- proven track-record of completing M&A due diligence projects.
You Will Be Able To Demonstrate
- exceptional analytical and quantitative skills including advanced Excel and Stata skills;
- strong business acumen;
- excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- a knack for problem solving;
- an inquisitive mind;
- good interpersonal skills;
- ability to speak Russian is desirable.
If this role matches your skills, experience and motivations then please submit your CV with a covering note identifying why you feel you would be a great addition to the team along with your salary expectations.
In return, we provide a supportive and progressive environment with a wide range of opportunities for you to grow both personally and professionally.
The Economist Group values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, colour, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age.