Commercial & NBD Manager
- Identify, develop and support Upstream and IG business opportunities in CIS region in support of Upstream and IG’s growth targets for Shell
- Responsible to ensure strategic fit for growth and portfolio opportunities, as well as ability to provide clarity on the attractiveness, affordability and competitiveness of proposals
- Commercial focal point for Asset/UPX activities which requires effective internal coordination between the asset, commercial, economics, portfolio and strategy and Contracts and Procurement
- Lead commercial support to Exploration across the region
- Provide commercial support to the Asset commercial team in country
- Lead coordination with Country Leads, Opportunity Identification and Deal Delivery
- Work with Exploration and the Asset teams across Europe/CIS
- Translate feasible opportunities into realistic comprehensive business value propositions and actionable plans.
- Proactively build and maintain external and internal networks.
- Coordinate cross business deliverables on specific Opportunity and Deal Delivery projects.
- Prepare senior management briefs on business development opportunities.
- Management of external stakeholders (peer companies, banks, consultants etc) with CIS regional responsibilities based in London (e.g. BP, CVX, Statoil etc)
- BOM role for Turkmenistan GTL opportunity
CCH Accountabilities (30% of the role)
- Lead Shell’s reputation management and stakeholder relations in the country, and ensure an integrated, local key stakeholder engagement plan is maintained and implemented. Develop and lead Shell relationships up to Ministerial level in government and with Ambassadors of influential countries (e.g. NL, UK, USA, Germany, Turkey).
- Represent Shell interest in Turkmenistan internationally in coordination with GR (e.g. UK FCO, NL MFA, EU External Action).
- Discharge specific Country Chair accountabilities as defined in Group Standards (including Crisis Management and HSSE & SP).
- Responsibility for the in-country representation office (2 FTE) including budget, HSSE and HR obligations.
- Chair a Country Coordination Team to co-ordinate and align cross-Business and -Function activities at country level.
- Maintain an overview at country-level of strategic, forward-looking and reputation issues and their management (for Shell) in the internal and external environments.
- Advise Government Relations or the Regional Managing Director (ECMW) of matters with the potential to impact Group reputation or other concerns that remain unresolved through influence locally.
- Support delivery of Business/Function objectives and initiatives.
- Ensure country-level opportunities are coordinated and aligned and be consulted before decisions are made on major Business/Functional country level developments.
- Supports and oversees that country-level ethics and compliance activities are consistent and properly executed across each Business and Function and meet applicable local legal and regulatory requirements.
- Actively support development and management of talent and ensure human resources policies meet business needs and comply with local legislation.
- Represent Shell as country chair in case required by legacy Shell positions in Azerbaijan or other ‘stan countries without current Shell interests.
- Region specific industry knowledge and understanding for CIS, as well as geopolitical knowledge
- Understanding and knowledge of CIS region and types of commercial arrangements applicable in this region
- Strong business development experience, particularly in opportunity identification.
- Sound understanding of technical issues associated with exploration and field development in the CIS region
- Proven track record of leading projects and multidisciplinary teams with no direct line accountability in the CIS region
- Proven track record in building, using, and maintaining networks and relationships, both internally as well as externally
- Drive and self-motivation is required to work on multiple simultaneous projects with potentially low probabilities of success.
- Professional credibility and strong relationship skills are needed to build and maintain internal and external networks and to be plugged into the wider business development community.
- Coordination and strong team working across organizational boundaries, to scope opportunities, align objectives and obtain support or speedy decisions to proceed or drop.
- Self-directed, commercially innovative and motivated individuals achieve the greatest success in this environment, rather than task-oriented individuals.
- Experience dealing with Ethics and Compliance dilemmas in high-risk environments (strongly desired)
- Political acumen and communication skills with political counter-parties
- Caspian region cultural and business environment experience
- Russian language skills desired but not required
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.