The Russian National Tourist Office is a leading tour operator in the UK for outgoing tourism and business tourism to Russia for individuals, groups, and business travellers. Founded in 1997, our company has offices in London and representative offices in Moscow & in Saint-Petersburg.
We are now seeking a Russian Speaking Company Accountant with strong financial reporting skills, advanced knowledge of Excel, and an analytical mindset to join our growing team. You will be based in our Central London office and report to Group Finance Director.
- Processing invoices using the internal accounting system.
- Financial reporting, including credit control, debtor analysis, and monthly financial reports.
- Managing credit control function, preparing weekly and monthly debt statements, and communicating with designated managers regarding overdue sales invoices to be chased.
- Calculating quarterly VAT returns, involving accounting and the appropriate treatment of Tour Operators Margin Scheme (TOMS).
- Assisting with statutory reporting for ATOL and ABTA.
- Making international payments to suppliers.
- Maintaining internal Excel spreadsheets and updating financial data as required.
- Assisting with taxation matters across different companies within the Group.
- Acting as the first point of contact in regards to queries from the bank, HMRC, and other external stakeholders.
- 3+ years of relevant accounting experience (previous experience in tourism/travel industry in the UK is highly desirable).
- Advanced Excel skills (pivot tables, v-lookups, macros).
- CIMA/ACCA (part-qualified) or equivalent.
- Fluency in English and Russian.
- Knowledge of TOMS VAT is highly desirable.
- Experience of working with regulatory bodies, such as ABTA and ATOL.
- A hands-on approach and the ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Strong communication and efficient time management skills.
This position offers excellent career opportunities as the candidate will be able to involve themselves in business and assist with financial reporting, not only for one company but for three within the Group.
If this sounds like you, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not provide visa sponsorship, so only candidates eligible to work in the UK will be considered.