If you ask Deloitte Fast 50 or Santander Breakthrough50, they’d say we’re one of Britain’s most exciting and disruptive businesses. If you ask our team, they’d say we’re a no-politics, people-first company where exceptionally smart individuals get the chance to have their voice heard and potential fulfilled (then pushed that extra bit more).
And if you ask our clients, they’d say we’re the content production partner they rely on to rapidly create high-quality editorial, video and images to drive online sales. To date, we’ve produced over 15 million words of on-brand content – in 29 languages and counting – for 170+ of the world’s most prestigious brands, including eBay, Farfetch and Google.
We do that through a combination of our unique methodology, our global network of ~2000 screened freelance creatives and Quill Cloud, our content production management tool.
What does being Creative Project Manager at Quill involve?
You will take the lead on Quill’s creative projects, coordinating and motivating internal teams towards meeting revenue, margin and quality targets through intelligent project planning, problem solving and stakeholder management.
Working closely with the Content Strategy Director, you will be responsible for managing client expectations, always taking the opportunity to have them think bigger and better. As a result of your excellent client service, you will build positive relationships with key client stakeholders that will lay the foundation for contract renewals and upsell opportunities.
These are the skills you’ll need for the job:
- Project planning and problem solving: you build realistic content production plans that reflect both client priorities and internal targets, and respond to changes swiftly and pragmatically
- Results-oriented mindset: you’re motivated by consistently exceeding targets and client expectations, making you a consistent top performer in your current role
- Client centricity: you constantly ask, “What’s best for the customer?” and this mentality underpins your decision-making
- Communication: you ensure all communication – be it written, verbal or presenting – is clear, tailored to your audience, and outcome-oriented
- Leadership: you establish and maintain a clear, motivating vision for internal teams, which you communicate clearly and regularly
- Assertiveness: your clarity on project priorities underpin your ability to be assertive with internal and client stakeholders, ensuring you never compromise the ultimate success of the project
And here’s the experience you need:
- Experience managing and growing accounts, with an emphasis on multi-channel projects and / or multiple stakeholders you have managed successfully
- Experience coordinating project teams to ensure they’re working collaboratively to provide the highest quality service to clients
- Experience scoping and pricing projects, taking potential complicating factors into account
- Exposure to content as part of the digital marketing mix – you have the credibility to have discussions on the importance of content
- Some exposure to content production is a plus
Why should I join Quill?
Like most startups, we talk a lot about our culture. But for us, culture isn’t just words on a wall. It’s part of our recruitment process, our personal development plans and our day-to-day.
If any of this sounds like you, you’re looking for a spot on the right team:
- Your integrity isn’t for sale. You’re a what you see is what you get type of person who’s honest about their strengths and development areas
- You don’t settle for second best. It really, really matters to you that everything you do is excellent. And you don’t shy away from empowering your colleagues to share those standards.
- 10 minutes with nothing to do feels like an hour for you. You’re smart, energetic and driven, so you’re at your best when everything’s a little hectic.
- You don’t like going through the motions or blindly following instructions. You leap into complex situations that don’t have an easy answer and relish the challenge of coming up with one.
- The idea of a fixed ‘remit’ doesn’t appeal to you. Neither does waiting three years to get a promotion you earned two years ago. You think and act beyond your role.
- You’re a fundamentally kind, respectful person, searching for a place filled with similarly kind, respectful people.
What are the benefits?
On top of joining the Quill family and all the benefits that come with that, you’ll also get:
- 25 holiday days per year plus UK bank holidays
- A contributory pension
- Our Summer Away Day (no stuffy meeting rooms in sight)
- Monthly socials and lunches/breakfasts
- Fortnightly Inspire Lunches – past lunches have included how the CEO manages his wellbeing, what today’s most disruptive businesses have in common and a crash course in Russian
- A significant amount of time, expertise and attention put into your personal development, plus an unusually broad scope for rapid career progression
Quill is an equal opportunities employer.