- Support customers in developing advanced PTV Vissim & Viswalk microsimulation models to a high degree of realism.
- Provide project support to our wide range of customers.
- Through seminars and during customer visits, you confidently demonstrate the wide variety of program functions, ensuring that users know how to use the software effectively.
- Support in the marketing and documentation of PTV Vissim & Viswalk by creating materials, example models etc.
- Be passionate about identifying innovative solutions that push the boundaries of PTV Vissim & Viswalk to open up new markets.
- Work together with colleagues from Product Management, Sales & Development to share knowledge and help define the further development of our software range.
- Working with the PM&S RD to respond to professional opportunities in New Mobility.
- Working with the PTV subsidiaries where appropriate on AV/CAV related projects.
- Support the training team.
- Tender response writing & methodology formulation.
The candidate will have 8-10 years’ experience with PTV Vissim with some experience in project management. The candidate will be a self-starter with a post-graduate qualification in transport planning or similar. The candidate must have exceptional skills in:
- Several years of hands on experience using our software in transport planning projects
- Demonstrated ability to build, calibrate and validate microsimulation models to a high degree of accuracy.
- Track record of presenting model outputs in a visually appealing way, through 3D visualisation and inbuilt PTV Vissim & Viswalk evaluations and graphic parameters.
- Application of adopting and adapting PTV Vissim & Viswalk in innovative projects.
- Have experience in core PTV Vissim & Viswalk functionality including dynamic assignment, mesoscopic simulation, VisVAP/ VAP, Vissig.
- Desirable to have experience in using the COM interface with knowledge of scripting languages including DLL interface coding and use.
- Report writing & communication skills, client facing skills.
- Overview of AV & CAV technologies, PTV Visum, Principles of model calibration, Data collection techniques.
PTV. The mind of movement.
We plan and optimise everything that moves people and goods worldwide.
PTV software makes mobility safer, more efficient and environmentally friendly.
Our innovative solutions support our customers in transport logistics, transport planning and traffic management.
Become part of a team that moves the world forward.
Working at PTV
Our PTV UK Project Management & Services team focuses on PTV solution set-up to support our customers and consultants in their project related work.
In recent times our PTV Vissim software has shaped into a tool to support many facets of transport planning by bringing efficiencies to our transport systems. The introduction of new CAV / AV technologies has become increasingly important. Issues such as autonomous driving, ridesharing and connected vehicles are being introduced into the market as a mode of transport choice to consumers. As a result, our customers are increasingly looking to us at PTV Group to provide answers on what the future of mobility will look like.
Our modelling software PTV Vissim is the leading platform for simulating movement in transport systems from aviation to automotive to mobility as a service and infrastructure. Simulation is at the core of what we do, your role will be to help our customers from diverse industries develop innovative models to identify solutions for their operational problems.
- Flexible working hours
- Training programmes at PTV Academy
- Health insurance and pension