Peak’s mission is to improve people’s quality of life in a fun way. Founded in 2013, Peak has grown quickly, producing Peak - Brain Training, the number 1 brain training app on mobile with more than 40 million users in 14 different languages. Our app was chosen by both Apple and Google as one of the best apps available and is regularly featured by both as leading example of mobile technology. 2018 is an exciting year for the business which will see us build on our success as the market leading Brain Training solution and expand into new verticals.
As a Lead Data Scientist at Peak, your mission is to transform Big Data into Smart data and help get Peak to the next level. You will help us make every decision as data-driven as possible. You will take ownership of reporting and analysing our business metrics, build descriptive models to learn what our users are doing, and prototype predictive models to help us serve our users even better. We move fast and develop a lot of ideas so you will have to keep up with the pace. You will need to iterate on ideas quickly, and take ownership of business problems. You will be great at prioritising tasks in a busy environment and be able to show that you can hit deadlines and exceed expectations.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Build, Lead, Coach and Mentor a team of talented data scientists
- Design & interpret A/B tests to make faster and more data driven decisions on product, user acquisition…
- Develop metrics and tools to better understand the engagement of millions of users - refine KPIs around user engagement / churn / profitability / LTV
- Advanced Analytics - Use Machine Learning tools to build predictive and descriptive models of user behaviour. Go get the the holy grail of user engagement metrics (AKA “the mother of KPIs”)
- Business Performance - Work closely with the engineering team to own data models, and work closely with the business team and the founders to help them understand what is happening in the app and identify the best levers of growth
- Build data as a product (diagnostic and training tools)
- You’ll work across the whole business testing hypothesis and delivering insights for the product, marketing, tech and design teams
WE NEED THESE SKILLS
- Data organisation: you have a proven experience with SQL, data warehouses, data modelling, data cleaning. You are experienced with very large datasets and multiple data sources
- Data modelling: you know how to architect data models in both relational and non-relational contexts
- Data engagement: you know how to engage users and how to tell data stories, in scientific and in commercial contexts; you need reporting software experience (Tableau, Periscope, Mode, Looker, D3, …)
- Data analysis: deep knowledge of a data analysis tool (we like R and Python, bonus points for Spark, Neo4J, ElasticSearch, Node)
- A strong mathematical and statistical background (MSc in an analytical science preferred), familiarity with common machine learning algorithms
- Excellent communication skills and problem-solving ability — taking ownership of a problem comes naturally to you
- We think of Data Scientist as a business role so you’ll have a natural interest in the way businesses operate
- You’ll be willing to develop team management skills as we need you to take on coaching roles
- Take ownership of any sort of data-related projects in the company.
- We’ve kept our hiring bar really high – you will work with the best
- You’ll get the opportunity to take on a lot of responsibility and grow a lot!
- Competitive salary and bonus, and loads of perks including healthy snacks all day long, gym membership, health insurance, pension plan, your choice of hardware and a fun and friendly working environment.