At NaturalMotion, we make games that wow people. We innovate to create experiences that previously were impossible and that would not exist without us. We take pride in making titles that reach a large audience and in creating communities that last.
You are ambitious, intelligent, and intellectually curious. You are a self-disciplined problem-solver, who is respectful and straightforward with all your colleagues. You are trusting and trusted, flexible and emotionally mature, and you thrive on working with people who share these values.
As a SDET you will be highly competent in your core discipline, ready to take on new roles and responsibilities, and be pushed out of your current comfort zone. You’ll relish new challenges and opportunities, especially when that comes with added responsibility and visibility inside and outside your team.
The SDET is also a developer. The SDET must have knowledge of what represents good software design. The SDET must be able to create high quality, maintainable, and performant code. The code generally created by the SDET is for automated test cases and the frameworks to execute and report them. An SDET’s knowledge of software design is often focused on testability, robustness, and performance, and they usually play a contributory or reviewer role in the creation of designs for production software. An SDETs skill set will often include more experience in software processes and how to test software.
The position requires solid computer science background, strong coding, and design skills for developing and testing enterprise-grade software, proven track record of delivering strong results in similar projects as QA engineer in product development organizations.
Main responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Writing code for automated test suites using existing frameworks.
- Ability to deliver reliable test automation to multiple releases simultaneously, including Live games.
- Strong communication skills to establish and maintain relations between different engineering disciplines, e.g. client and server.
- Write tools and utilities that help the SDET or the wider QA team.
- Set up new test systems, tools, and utilities on the build server.
- Organise automated test reports to be sent to relevant team members.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Excellent debugging skill. Take a failure in a test case and then troubleshoot it down to the problem function.
- Strong design and coding skills to implement test automation infrastructure, frameworks and test methods to validate complex commercial software.
- Project planning expertise across multiple features.
- Ability to distinguish how best to select data and present it to the people that need it in the form of well-designed reports.
- Aware of best practices relating to QA such as network, performance, security, FTUE, billing and build systems (SVN, Github etc).
- Knowledge of automated builds through Jenkins.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Ability to work with geographically distributed teams across multiple time zones.
- Experience in developing and testing commercial grade software products.
- Is aware and can work in agile/ sprint development.
- Knowledge and experience in testing software that has heavy network traffic.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong ability to learn new languages and frameworks.
- Has some experience with C/C++, Java.
- Proven experience in scripting languages such as LUA, Python or Ruby.
WHAT DO WE GIVE YOU?
- The opportunity to join a contributory pension scheme
- Zynga Stock Unit allocation from day one
- Private healthcare
- 6 months fully paid maternity and 3 months fully paid paternity leave
- Flexible working hours
- Free fruit & soft drinks
- 23 days holiday
- Casual dress every day!
- The opportunity to join the childcare voucher and cycle to work schemes we run
- Summer/Christmas parties and Happy Hour in every Studio, every Friday.
- A discretionary annual bonus