The Office Intelligence team is responsible for enabling intelligence in Microsoft products like Outlook, Bing, Windows and Cortana digital assistant. Our charter is to research & develop natural language processing & machine learning infrastructure to process billions of queries, emails and documents per day generating useful insights in order enable users and organizations make decisions with our powerful yet friendly experiences. We're looking for smart, highly motivated, and innovative software engineers who are passionate about improving user experiences in the above areas via building distributed systems to deploy and serve machine learning, classification and language translation based end to end solutions. You will work with a team of applied scientists and developers who are responsible for all stages of the research & development cycle including early ideation, design, implementation and scaling it internationally.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Shipping large-scale backend services that host complex models and algorithms to process critical user data
- Developing offline pipelines to monitor, extract, index and build ML & NLP models
- Collaborating with other engineers to build demos and apps to showcase these services
- Gather feedback from real users and iterate
- Bachelor degree in computer science or very similar discipline (informatics, mathematics etc)
- Very strong coding and algorithmic sills
- Experience in one of: C#, C++, JAVA or Python
- Experience in building large scare distributed systems
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.