Mavens is a digital research and strategy consulting firm, born out of a unique combination of digital expertise gained at the forefront of online research, strategy, and activation for some of the world's largest brands.
Our work is truly global, across industry and across continents. We distinguish ourselves by using search engine and social media data to provide insights into people and their behaviour, translating this into online strategies that drive genuine business benefits.
Our role is to help brands understand how the digital landscape works, from the geological underpinnings of Google search, to the rough peaks of the Facebook newsfeed. From wilds of forums and blogs, to the clean streets of the Apple App Store. Mavens feeds hungrily on the raw data of the internet, and uses it to map and understand the paths that brands should tread.
- Digital Analysts are a key part of Mavens’ delivery team, responsible for making sense of vast amounts of data extracted from search engines and social media platforms. The insight they generate is used to enable the client’s brand and marketing teams to understand who their consumers are, what they’re interested in, and the deeper motivations behind online consumer behaviour.
- Digital Analysts are highly analytical, and interested in how data from search engines and social media platforms can be used to address challenging business and marketing problems.
Key responsibilities include:
- Using relevant tools, including Mavens’ own proprietary software, to identify and extract relevant data from search engines and social media.
- Quantitative and qualitative analysis of digital data, identifying insights (trends, themes, correlations etc.) that are relevant to the brief.
- Converting analyses into insightful deliverables for clients.
- Creating dashboards and delivering real-time analysis of campaigns.
- Assisting Mavens’ management in the creation of white papers and showcase materials.
This position is based mostly out of our client's offices, in Surrey.
- We are looking for graduates with intellectual curiosity, a pioneering mind-set, and an undaunted attitude, who want to make a genuine difference to our clients and the way things are done. We don't require any specific experience (we like training!), or even a particular set of skills (though if you love playing with and manipulating data, that would be great), but we do need you to be clever, inquisitive, and care about the quality of your work.
- You will be able to demonstrate a strong academic record, with a positive mix of extracurricular activities. Like all Mavens, you'll be able to craft unique insights from the analysis and synthesis of data, with an applied understanding of statistical method. Fluency in English is mandatory, along with a second European language (German, French, Italian, Russian, Spanish, and Portuguese preferred). Unfortunately, due to the global nature of our work, we are unable to consider applications from candidates without a second language.
- Unfortunately, Mavens is unable to provide employer sponsorship; successful applicants will be asked to provide proof of their eligibility to legally take up employment in the UK.
Salary: £24,000 + 5% Annual Bonus & Private Medical Cover
Start Date: Immediate
How to Apply
Please attach a CV and cover letter. We really recommend you take some time over the covering letter; at least as much as your CV. The covering letter is the first thing we look at, and we really pay a lot of attention to it.
So here are some tips:
- Try and let your personality show through. Your CV is for education and experience; please use the covering letter to convey something about the person who has emerged, like a beautiful moth, from those experiences.
- Attention to detail is hugely important in our work, so do bear that in mind. This is a presentation about, and of, yourself, so make sure you've nailed the spelling, the grammar, and the formatting.