Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
The Technical Lead is responsible for working within a product focussed Engineering Group to delivery our NextGen solutions.
You will be focussed on:
• Architecting, design and implementation of the solution
• Writing exemplary code
• Mentoring team members in Agile ways of working
• Mentoring team members in technical best practice
• Customer focused delivery
You are friendly and approachable with a love for the craft of software development. You have a desire to continually improve your own skills and the ability to transfer those skills to others and, of course, you love seeing your software in production.
At Vocalink we deliver products and services that are market leading and we can only do this because of our people. The Technical Lead will be part of a team accountable for delivering our products and services successfully in order to maintain our market leading position.
Key accountabilities and duties:
Clearly identify the key accountabilities and duties associated with this role.
• Support the business in the successful delivery of change, agility and continuous improvement
• Meet the business/customer requirements and be in accordance with defined quality, coding standards and architectural principles.
• Ensure delivery of solutions to the highest quality
• Assessment, selection and adoption of key technologies to drive software development and deliver efficiency
• Mentor team members in new ways of working using techniques such as paired programming, leading hackathons etc.
• Foster a collaborative culture within the delivery team
• Work within the team to foster a culture of collaboration, high performance and rapid delivery
• To work across all Vocalink sites and service lines, which includes some international travel
• To carry out any other task associated with the role as reasonably requested
• To drive towards a self-learning organisation
• To build continuous improvement into our ways of working
• To make extensive use of automation (as appropriate) – not limited to test automation.
Knowledge and expertise
Experience delivering solutions within an agile model and scaled agile approaches within a Payments/Fintech environment, specifically payment card processing
Proven track record of managing multiple stake holders and delivering a solution as part of an overall technical strategy
Strong mentoring skills, encourage and grow developers in their craft
Previous experience in developing high performing systems with a track record of successful delivery
Strong technical ability to support collaborative interaction with development teams and architects.
Successfully history of delivery cloud based solutions
Expertise in Test Driven Development
Successful history of delivering in a Continuous Delivery environment
Triage and debug of production issues
Experience working with an in distributed teams
Knowledge of current software architecture trends and practices
Experience performance testing and tuning applications in a high throughput, low latency environment
Previous experience in developing financial payments systems
Behaviour Driven Development
Experience working with end customer technical representatives
Integration of performance testing and optimisation into the CI/CD pipeline
Technically astute at a high level
Should be highly competent at leading development and test
Demonstrate deep experience of modern development practices - software configuration management, continuous integration, deployment and test
Worked with or built in modern technology
• Continuous integration/delivery
• Automated test at unit and acceptance test level
• Cloud based technologies
Delivery focused in required time frames
• Delivered shippable product after every sprint
• Understand end to end tool chain and how that underpins speed
• Worked within a range of agile models, e.g. Scrum, Kanban, Lean
• In depth Java 7+ experience and at least one other JVM language (e.g. Scala, Clojure)
• Maven build tool
• Performance and optimisation tools such as JMH, Grinder, JMeter, JClarity’s Censum
• Container technologies, e.g. Docker
• Container orchestration/scheduling technologies, e.g. Kubernetes, Apache Mesos
• Working with public cloud providers, e.g. AWS
• One or more messages queues, e.g. Kafka, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ
• Gradle build tool
• Kubernetes or equivalent certification
• In depth experience of AWS or AWS Solutions Architect Associate/Professional certification
• Microservices architecture
BSc or higher in a STEM subject
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.