Service Line Information
Using a wide variety of technical and sector-specific skills, KPMG's Risk Consulting group proactively helps clients increase profits whilst reducing reputational, operational, financial and other risks. We are experienced in managing diverse issues including fraud, regulatory compliance, risk frameworks and modelling, capital efficiency, corporate governance, dispute resolution, deriving value from contracts and much more.
Forensic - Using specialist accounting, investigation and business skills in assisting clients involved in commercial or regulatory disputes or in the investigation of fraud and impropriety. Working in the team will mean getting involved in a broad range of projects, i.e. Fraud investigations, and tracing assets.
KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
The Corporate Intelligence team is an expanding part of KPMG Forensic. The team helps clients address a variety of key integrity and regulatory risks in different contexts, from market entry and M&A to KYC and supply chain risk management. The team provides litigation support and supports KPMG’s other service lines, in particular investigations, dispute advisory, restructuring and deal advisory.
The team is made up of corporate intelligence specialists with a range of regional and language expertise and is focused on work in the EMEA region.
We are seeking research analysts to join the team in our London office. As part of the Corporate Intelligence team, you will take part in projects requiring Brexit intelligence and analysis, market entry risk assessments and strategic intelligence and stakeholder mapping. Additionally you may be involved in large Anti-Money Laundering (“AML”) and/or Anti-Bribery and Corruption (“ABC”) engagements requiring corporate intelligence research, quality assurance and report writing skills.
Your role will include the following:
- Monitoring local and international media and identifying publications and reports in relation to the Brexit negotiations and developments;
- Assessing the potential impact of changes in regulation in preparation of Brexit for different industries and these changes would affect our clients;
- Producing thought leadership reports on developments in Brexit negotiations and our understanding of the Brexit effect;
- Undertaking quality assurance reviews of corporate intelligence reports as part of various large AML/ABC focused projects for global corporate and financial services clients. This will involve desktop-based research using a variety of specialist database resources, utilising our compliance reporting solutions which cover a wide range of corporate, media, credit and regulatory data across many jurisdictions;
- Producing transactional and integrity due diligence reports on existing and potential third parties;
- Working closely with the project team leaders to ensure day-to-day service delivery takes place on a timely basis and to a high quality standard;
- Supporting training of offshore and onshore teams of analysts, a process that takes place remotely as well as in situ;
- Ensuring that client work is delivered to the highest quality standards;
- Ensuring that projects are delivered to deadline, within budget and in compliance with KPMG ethical standards;
- Maintaining a positive attitude when working under pressure, and supporting team members.
Experience and Qualities
- Technical knowledge of the regulatory drivers for trade negotiations;
- Previous experience of preparing AML, ABC and/or Know-Your-Customer (KYC) reports;
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and oral;
- Fluency in at least one (ideally two or more) foreign languages with the ability to conduct research and translate accurately. Preferred languages are Arabic, Russian and Chinese;
- Knowledge and understanding of specific jurisdictions or geographical regions with regard to ABC and other risks;
- Very strong academic qualifications;
- Strong team working skills and the ability to work efficiently and accurately under pressure;
- Ability to cope with multiple conflicting client demands and to manage peaks and troughs of demand to ensure a consistent high quality service;
- Demonstrate excellent analytical skills and problem solving, self-motivation and possess an enquiring mind;
- Ability to operate in a discreet and confidential manner;
- Some relevant work experience, which might be market research, political risk analysis, online research, journalism or any investigative background;
- Drive and commitment to deliver a high quality service.
If the chance to work with interesting clients and innovative technology wasn’t rewarding enough, we’ll motivate you in other ways too. At KPMG you can expect real responsibilities and opportunities to grow professionally.
‘Our Deal’ sets out all the different ways you’ll be rewarded at KPMG. Among other things you can benefit from honest conversations about your career as well as a range of other rewards. In all these ways and more, we have created an environment that can bring out the best in you
While some of our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, we are supportive where possible of helping you to achieve a balance between your home and work demands.
We are happy to discuss individual requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements could be of interest. Furthermore, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly so you can understand from them what our culture is like.
Applying with a Disability
KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that you are treated fairly throughout our Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any reasonable adjustments that you may require, with your recruitment contact.
KPMG's commitment to diversity
KPMG consistently features in the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for, which has been recognised with a special achievement award to mark our 10 years in the Top 25. We are proud of the value we place on individuality; we want you to bring your full self to work and truly maximise your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results for our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG.
Returning to work after a break
At KPMG, we appreciate that returning to work after an extended career break can be daunting. We understand that those with experience who have taken a career break have a wealth of experience and knowledge to offer our organisation, which helps us to achieve our business goals. We will support you to refresh your skills, develop your confidence and provide a supportive network across the firm to help you best integrate into the working environment. This role welcomes applications for individuals who have been out of work for 18 months or more and who have previous relevant experience.