JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
The J.P. Morgan Emerging Market Debt Capital Markets team works with sovereign, corporate and FIG clients across CEE, CIS, Turkey, Middle East and Africa on the bond product. The team is the market leader in its field – recognised as the No. 1 CEEMEA Bond House for the last 2 years – and has acted as the arranger of the majority of landmark transactions from the region. The core products that you will cover and offer to the clients are new bond origination (Investment Grade and High Yield) and liability management (bond buybacks, exchanges and changes in the bond covenants). You will also assist with execution of the ratings advisory product. The role will provide significant exposure and insight into all aspects of investment grade and high yield bond products. The role will provide significant opportunities for client interaction from day 1 and require close working relationships with other areas of the bank, including Industry Coverage, Legal, Country and Credit Risk, Syndicate and Sales groups.
- Preparing client marketing and pitching materials, drafting of the regular market updates
- Maintenance and update of the internal databases, occasional team administrative work
- End-to-end origination, structuring and execution of debt capital markets transactions working closely with the senior team members / deal team leaders (organizational aspects, legal/documentary, helping with internal approval process, marketing materials and transaction pricing, etc.)
- Preparation of analytical materials on clients and their business
- Participation in the client meetings
- At least 1 year of strong investment banking experience with a good understanding of investment banking products
- Prior experience in Debt Capital Markets (High Grade Debt or Leveraged Finance), Ratings Advisory or Liability Management departments will be an advantage but not essential
- Good understanding of the general corporate finance and conventional financial instruments, some experience in financial analysis
- Good organizational, project management and multi-tasking skills, strong attention to detail
- Interest in emerging markets and understanding of fixed income instruments
- Experience in dealing with clients and other transactional advisers
- Strong work ethics and dedication to team work
- Perfectly fluent in English with outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Other language skills (from CEEMEA region e.g. Turkish, Eastern European, Russian, etc.) will be an advantage
- Proficient in MS Office applications, with key focus on Powerpoint and J.P. Morgan PitchPRO add-on; prior experience with Bloomberg and Dealogic
- Strong academic credentials
This role encompasses the performance of UK regulated activity. The successful candidate will therefore be subject to meeting UK regulatory requirements in the assessment of fitness, propriety, knowledge and competence (as assessed by the Firm) and (where appropriate) approval by the UK Financial Conduct Authority and/or the Prudential Regulation Authority to carry out such activities.
About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co:
J.P. Morgan serves one of the largest client franchises in the world. Our clients include corporations, institutional investors, hedge funds, governments and affluent individuals in more than 100 countries. J.P. Morgan is part of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase serves millions of clients and consumers under its JPMorgan and Chase, and WaMu brands.
J.P. Morgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. J.P. Morgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer