An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Product Manager within the Backhoe Loader (BHL) Division, reporting to the General Manager - BHL Global Business Growth.
This is a high profile role for a practical and product-orientated person, who can build relationships with our customers, our dealer network, our regional sales & engineering teams to develop the range of JCB BHL products to their optimum.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Manage a multifunctional product marketing team
- Work with key stakeholders to develop a clear roadmap to grow the Global Backhoe Loader business in-line with the 5 year plan, and identify both short and longer term growth opportunities
- Drive the product, sales & marketing strategy for the Top 10 BHL Markets Including N.America, S.America, Turkey, Middle East and Russia.
- Produce a clear and aligned product strategy for the Global supply of Backhoe Loaders that considers a multi-tier product offering sourced from multiple production facilities around the world
- Lead the new business development strategy for BHL’s sold into the Russian market, including the global supply, sourcing and localisation plan.
- Provide the product specification and commercial input into the new product introduction process (NPIP) including specification requirements, pricing and volume forecasts
- Ensure all product development programs capture the voice of the customer and drives NPIP
- Work with the key stakeholders to market programs that drive demand for new products in both current and new industry sectors
- To review, analyse, recommend and seek approval for both tactical and strategic action plans
- Visit the key regions to fully understand their home markets, industry sectors and competitor activity to identify S.W.O.T
- Carry out market and product analysis to identify key trends / indicators of industry changes
- Understand future legislative requirements and how this may affect the future product development
- Develop world class marketing materials and the necessary sales tools that provide key reasons to buy and communicate the value proposition of the Backhoe Loader range to the sales teams
- Ensure we have comprehensive product training material that is both relevant and tangible, and clearly states the cost of ownership and product positioning for the range of JCB BHL’s.
You will be a strong team player with the ability to lead and influence a cross-functional team, and you’ll be committed to transforming and growing the business in line with company’s growth ambition.
You’ll have a strategic mind-set with excellent communication skills at all levels. You’ll have marketing experience with prior experience of product marketing, change management and strategy and must be able to demonstrate a good understanding of the construction industry and our competitors.
You’ll also have strong financial and commercial acumen with the ability to construct, analyse and present business cases.
You’ll have previous management and leadership experience with excellent Microsoft office skills, as well as the ability to negotiate and influence at the highest level of the organisation.
You’ll be able to act as a company ambassador and also be willing to travel worldwide when required, although the position will be based at the World Headquarters, Rocester, Staffordshire.
Qualifications and experience:
- Qualified to degree level in either Engineering, Product Marketing, Business or equivalent
- Strong commercial acumen with a detailed understanding of P&L management and reporting
- Sound knowledge of the US construction and machinery markets, including an understanding of the key economic influencing factors
- Experience of new business development into international markets, this includes the understanding and compliance to local legislation requirements and policies.
- A good understanding of the global construction industry and practical appreciation of BHLs
- Self-motivated with a sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and meet challenging deadlines
- Have a proven track record in managing a multifunctional team
- The ability to communicate and present at all levels in the organisation
- International work experience and additional language skills, including Arabic or Russian would be of strong benefit although not essential
- Project and time management skills to achieve set goals and objectives
- Proven experience in business with Product or Regional Sales management experience
What’s in it for you?
We provide a competitive salary, company pension scheme, medical insurance and dental care schemes, access to the company’s healthy living centre and 33 days annual leave.
JCB: Building a Brighter Future
JCB is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.