The EMEA IT team are responsible for understanding the IT demands, priorities and problem areas within the business teams and making sure all IT requirements are understood and being managed. Working closely with the Global Development Centre (application development & infrastructure, based in Crawley) and the regional Business Change team, the EMEA IT team ensure that all service issues are addressed and project demand is met and managed through the agreed governance process.
Working within the EMEA IT PMO team, the IT Business Analyst role will be responsible for undertaking analysis tasks assigned to them, covering the full project lifecycle from ideation and initiation - understanding the business objectives, options and benefits, obtaining approval for the project to proceed - through the delivery phase and transition to the BAU teams. This is a critical role in the IT organisation and the BA will be working closely with the IT management teams and many of the key business stakeholders to ensure the business strategy and goals are understood and documented.
Assigned tasks will be on a variety of projects which will be managed and delivered by the regional IT teams, through the GDC and in partnership with vendors. In all cases the BA will be responsible for making sure the project objectives and requirements are understood and agreed by the business & technical teams, stakeholders are engaged and technical teams
This is a business facing role and key to managing relationships with key stakeholders for the regional IT team and driving the IT strategy so experience working in an IT or business change role within the insurance sector is important.
There will also be a requirement for the BA to assume PM responsibilities on projects where there is requirement to do so, particularly during the early stages of projects in advance of the project team being mobilised. Project Management experience is therefore a key requirement.
1. Assume BA responsibilities on assigned projects being run within the EMEA IT team and ability to take on PM responsibilities where required
2. Work closely with the nominated project sponsor, business owner, key stakeholders and technical teams to ensure project requirements are understood
3. Organise and chair project meetings, workshops as required to ensure the project scope and requirements are understood
4. Work within cross functional project teams made up of IT and business stakeholders (underwriting, operations, claims, etc.) to drive the analysis process
5. Take responsibility for projects during the feasibility and initiation process to ensure objectives, benefits, delivery method and resource/costs are agreed and understood
7. Maintain project artefacts (charter, requirements documents, plan, risk/issues log, status reports, etc.) as required in accordance with defined PMO standards
8. Promote best BA & PM practice and standards within the IT and PMO areas and assist with driving improvements
BA experience in a technical/business change environment (finance preferred)
Recent and extensive Insurance experience
Demonstrate history of working closely with both business stakeholders and IT delivery teams
Experience taking on PM responsibilities on projects where required
MS Project & Office
Able to travel for meetings/workshops held in offices in the UK (Crawley in particular) and Europe (occasional)
European language skills would be advantageous but not essential