Improbable is dedicated to building powerful technology designed to help solve previously impossible problems and enable the creation of new realities. In gaming and entertainment, Improbable unlocks truly next-generation gameplay through virtual worlds of unprecedented scale, persistence and richness. In other industries, we hope to help answer critical questions through simulations that could lead to a better functioning world.
Our platform, SpatialOS, lets developers transcend the limits of regular computation, allowing swarms of servers running in the cloud to cooperate in order to simulate worlds far larger and more complex than any single server could.
We are a British technology company proudly building a diverse workforce, driven by a shared desire to improve and achieve extraordinary things. We’re crafting technology for the future and fostering a problem-solving culture that embraces innovation through iteration and experimentation.
As an Engineering Manager at Improbable we want you to help shape our SpatialOS platform so that our customers can successfully see their projects and games through prototyping to release. That said, your primary role is to lead and develop your wonderful team - taking care of hiring, on-boarding, mentoring, coaching, career development, and performance management.
We want to build a positive team culture where you're supporting colleagues and empowering them to grow as technical leaders and people. The work that you enable your team to deliver on time and to roadmap will ultimately have an impact on the vision of SpatialOS itself.
- 2+ years of growing and managing a team of 5 engineers or more.
- Proven experience building & running large-scale, highly-available, distributed systems.
- Real passion for developing, mentoring and supporting people.
- A diverse background in software and/or systems engineering.
- Comfortable coding in at least one mainstream programming language (even if it is not one that Improbable uses).
- We expect you to have highly developed technical and people troubleshooting skills.
- Comfortable with 'guerrilla capacity planning' for internet service architectures.
- Worked with customers, both internal and external.
- Excellent communication skills.
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that’s why our teams at Improbable are made up of an incredible range of talented people. Improbable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.