Our Respond team members are part-time permanent employees of the Belfast office who work on a flexible basis while developing their legal careers with us. All Respond employees have minimum contracted hours of 7.5 hours per week, although are expected to work more hours than this, often on short notice, as and when required. Please see the Respond Charter, Project Life Cycle and FAQ's documents for further information.
Legal Assistants are part of our legal team, working closely with the Team Leaders, Senior Solicitors, Senior FPB's, Solicitors, FPB's and Trainees.
Teams of Solicitors, FPB's, Trainees and Legal Assistants report to Team Leaders and/or Senior Solicitors and Senior FPB's (who will in turn report to the Deputy Practice Group Lead for Disputes and Practice Group Lead for Disputes).
- Conducting document review, due diligence or other practice area-specific fee-earning work (there will be target average daily chargeable hours)
- Providing general support to the Team Leaders, Senior Solicitors, Senior FPB's, Solicitors and FPB's and Trainees.
- Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of relevant areas of law to the Belfast office's practice.
- Ensuring compliance with financial disciplines on matters (e.g. daily time-recording).
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Law graduate (2:2 or above) or a post-graduate qualification in law with a minimum of 3 A levels (ideally B grades and above).
- Ability to review, analyse and organise documentary and factual evidence.
- Excellent attention to detail; aims to get it right first time.
- Aptitude for learning (and becoming proficient in) the use of software and IT applications, and using search terms intelligently to navigate large databases/document management systems.
- 6 months to a year’s work experience in an office based environment.
- Fluency in a second language with an ability to translate legal documents into English. Western European languages an advantage, but other languages (e.g. Mandarin Chinese, Arabic, Japanese, Korean or Russian) especially desirable.
Personal Leadership: finds opportunities to develop and sustain themselves
- Professional integrity
- Builds resilience
Technical Capability: builds legal knowledge and insight
- Legal Ability
- Produces high quality work
- Delivers outcomes
Contributes to Team and Firm: volunteers, assists others and contributes to positive team spirit
- Teamwork and Communication
- Builds networks
- Contributes to firm
Enhances the Client Experience: delivers excellent service to clients
- Understands the client context
- Innovates to support the firm
GROUP / TEAM
Alternative Legal Services
GROUP / TEAM DESCRIPTION
The Alternative Legal Services business delivers high quality, cost-efficient legal services for document or information intensive, defined process work.
The team works in a complementary and seamless way, offering a combination of legal expertise, process efficiency and client technology solutions to our clients.
The key products and services of our Alternative Legal Services business include document review, regulatory claims assessment, due diligence, verification commercial contracts, funds' repapering, client technology services (including advisory and document review software) and asset management for real estate clients.
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We aim to have a diverse, innovative culture where high performance, client focus and highly engaged people are our differentiator and where we celebrate the uniqueness of our people. Our firm is made up of people with a range of experience and backgrounds. We strive to ensure that our inclusive environment means our people feel valued and able to perform at their best by being their authentic selves at work. We know that our future success not only depends on being innovative and progressive in the changing legal market but, most importantly, on our people feeling engaged.
We understand that our people have commitments and personal interests outside of work and we strive to create an agile working environment based on mutual trust and respect, in which people can perform at their best whilst maintaining sustainable balance across their work and non-work lives.