Hasbro European Services provides various services to Hasbro business units in Europe and the Middle East and Africa.
Hasbro's Internal Audit Department (IAD) aims to improve the financial and operational performance of the Company worldwide by performing regular system and compliance reviews in an efficient, effective, economic and professional manner. The primary objective of internal audit is to assist corporate and operating management in the effective discharge of their responsibilities by furnishing them with objective observations, insights and recommendations related to the control environment within the organization.
The successful individual will be an essential member of the Internal Audit team based at the Hasbro European Services office in Stockley Park. You will be responsible for planning, performing, reporting, and following up specific audit assignments under the guidance of the Audit Manager and in line with Hasbro SA's direction.
The responsibilities of the Senior Internal Auditor must be carried out in accordance with the standards of performance of the Internal Audit department. Such assignments are performed to ensure that financial statements and reports comply with corporate policy; internal accounting controls are effective in promoting efficiency and protecting the assets of the company; and operational policies that promote the wellbeing of the company are enforced.
The types of audits carried out include:
- Subsidiary audits (both financial and operational).
- Functional / departmental reviews.
- Sales cut off audits.
- Information Technology.
- SOX 404 Control Evaluation Assessments.
- FCPA / Anti-Bribery Compliance reviews.
- Licensing Audits in all applicable platforms (i.e. lifestyle, publishing, digital media and entertainment).
The European Internal Audit department consists of five people, working mainly in teams of two. This position reports to the Manager of Internal Audit, Europe. During the course of audit engagements the Senior Internal Auditor may be required to supervise and review the work of other team members.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Survey functions and activities in assigned areas to determine the nature of operations and the adequacy of the system of control to achieve established objectives.
- Determine the direction of the proposed audit effort.
- Plan the scope of the audit, prepare appropriate planning memorandum which outlines the background, purpose, and objective of the audit, and prepare appropriate audit programs to accomplish audit objectives.
- Determine the auditing procedures to be used, for example statistical sampling.
- Identify the key control points of the system.
- Perform fieldwork in accordance with the approved audit program in line with Hasbro SA's direction. Obtain, analyse, and appraise data as a basis for an informed, objective opinion on the effectiveness of the system reviewed.
- Act as in-charge on the audit, direct and instruct other auditors assigned to the project, and review their work for sufficiency of scope and for accuracy.
- Make oral or written presentations to Hasbro SA and follow up with management in line with Hasbro SA direction during and at the conclusion of the examination, discussing deficiencies and recommending corrective action to improve operations and reduce cost.
- Prepare audit reports for issuance to Hasbro SA and management outlining purpose and scope of the audit, audit findings, their potential consequences and recommended corrective action.
- Evaluate responses to reports to determine reasonableness and determine follow-up actions.
- Appraise the adequacy of corrective action taken to improve deficient conditions.
- Recommend areas to Hasbro SA for future audit efforts.
- Participate in enhancing the status of the internal audit department.
- University Degree in International Business, Finance, Accounting or similar discipline.
- Fully qualified - ACA, ACCA or CIMA (or equivalent level obtained in another European country).
- Proven experience of working within one of the Big 4 practices.
- Previous experience of internal audit / internal controls experience, including previous supervisory experience, within a multinational manufacturing/FMCG environment.
- Knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley Act (SOX) and prior experience in SOX control testing.
- Fluency in English and at least one other European language (German, French, Spanish or Russian preferred).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must have good written and oral skills and the confidence to present to Senior Management.
- Strong organisational and planning skills, with the ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and without much supervision.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
- Ability to juggle different priorities at one time.
- Willing to travel