Natixis is the international corporate, investment, insurance and financial services arm of Groupe BPCE, the 2nd-largest banking group in France with 35 million clients spread over two retail banking networks, Banque Populaire and Caisse d’Epargne. With more than 16,000 employees, Natixis has a number of areas of expertise that are organized into three main business lines: Corporate & Investment Banking, Investment Solutions & Insurance, and Specialized Financial Services. A global player, Natixis has its own client base of companies, financial institutions and institutional investors as well as the client base of individuals, professionals and small and medium-size businesses of Groupe BPCE’s banking networks.
To verify the bank's controls and to periodically check and assess by means of audit assignments the completeness of coverage, consistency and correct functioning of the risk control systems in place, as well as their compliance with professional rules, practices and standards in force.
Main responsibilities and duties of the role
All actions where appropriate to this position must be compatible with Natixis carrying out business in accordance with the FCA Principles for Business and other regulators for the EMEA region.
- To carry out a comprehensive assessment of systems and control of the London based Wholesale Banking activities of Natixis following a risk based approach. To interpret and apply UK, French and European banking regulations to risks incurred within the EMEA CIB platform.
- To execute allocated audits and report accordingly, to make recommendations for the improvement of controls and governance and, where possible, efficiency.
- To assess the management of risks by performing tests of mitigating control design effectiveness and to test the operational effectiveness and outcome of those controls.
- As part of a mutually supportive team to help and assist the team whilst also delivering own fieldwork and reporting.
- To produce high quality working papers, audit files, audit reports and reporting according to GI&A Head Office and EMEA Audit Group instructions and policies, on which reliance can be placed by Regulatory and other BPCE Group General Inspection bodies
- To assist in following up of recommendations. To maintain and establish regular business partnering throughout life time of open recommendation implementation.
- In addition to the above the role may be requested to carry out additional ad hoc and emergency assignments.
The role is based in London but the audit activities will be covering London, Dubai, Milan, Madrid, Frankfurt, Moscow and some representative offices across EMEA region. There is an opportunity to be asked to work in Paris on ad hoc basis.
- Good IT Audit skills with the ability to understand Information System architecture (flows and feeding to the systems), to design and execute testing on tools used across the CIB (Booking systems, compliance and accounting systems)
- CISA is an advantage
- Degree / University Educated or equivalent
- Data analytics capabilities. Coding ability (VBA) is an advantage
- Good knowledge of Corporate and Investment banking activities including front to back processes and controls.
- Minimum 3 years Post qualified experience in Internal Audit. With a good experience of designing testing and approving testing strategies
- Ability to assess controls with logic and clarity following a risk based methodology. Confirming understanding by walkthrough testing, questioning whether design of controls meets risks, and identifying risks for consideration.
- Able to perform Solution and Root Cause Analysis with Business Line Management or Control Function Management
- Able to debate confidently with knowledge, influencing skills and analysis, an ability to withstand pressure and search for validation of counter arguments
- Able to document with clarity, brevity and efficiency, and to provide a platform for junior staff to do the same.
- Able to present facts, results of Investigation and and to adapt his speech to the audience
- Team Orientated
- Able to turn mistakes by self/ senior and other staff into a shared opportunity for development in an open, constructive and non-threatening team environment
- Speaking an European language is an advantage (Italian, Spanish, German or Russian)
- Contractual plus flexibility required in order to meet operational requirements and business needs