This position is responsible for supporting a General Manager in ensuring the smooth functioning of their Departments. This role is also part of a larger matrix Secretariat team within GM&T and has a dotted line into Head of Secretariat for alignment and coordination purposes.
Duties & Responsibilities
The main responsibilities of the role comprise:
- Management of the diary of the General Manager, ensuring control of meeting times, efficient and timely organisation of calendars, keeping the Director aware of calendar changes and preparing documents etc. in advance of meetings
- Extensive business correspondence in both English and Russian languages
- Processing invoices in SAP, acting as first signatory on the approval process and ensuring prompt payment;
- Assistance in the preparation of various reports (daily deposits report, monthly department report etc);
- Event organisation including Departmental Away Days and coordination of attendance at other corporate events for the General Manager
- Managing the content of the Departmental Intranet sites by the upload of documents, description of Departmental activities and news updates;
- Production of presentations in various formats for internal and external meetings;
- Ad-hoc translations (English to Russian and Russian to English) and work together with translation company;
- Management of subscriptions and memberships;
- Compiling expense claims for the General Manager, for cash expenses, fuel claims and corporate credit card claims;
- General administrative duties including filing, ordering of stationary and maintenance of electronic folders on the company network;
- Travel arrangements (flights, hotels, transfers, visas etc) for General Managers;
- Co-ordination of ad-hoc projects.
Skills & Competencies
- Excellent written and spoken English and Russian including grammatical proficiency is must.
- Knowledge of Russian formal business correspondence standards is essential
- Good numeric and analytical ability including spreadsheet skills;
- Thorough organisational, planning and administrative skills;
- Able to cope with multiple priorities and changing environment;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to deal effectively and politely with all members of the organisation;
- Innovative forward thinking; ability to analyse current work practices and suggest and rapidly implement improvements and solutions;
- Solid understanding of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Concern for accuracy and ability to meet tight deadlines;
- Mature and professional attitude to work.
- Previous experience in secretarial/PA positions is essential;
- Experience of working in an international organisation / corporate environment;
- Experience of working within an energy or trading environment an advantage.
- Strong academic track record, preferably a university degree;
- Bachelor degree or secretarial qualifications preferred but not essential (or equivalent experience).