Gazprom Marketing & Trading (GM&T) is a subsidiary of the Gazprom group - the world’s largest gas producer and one of the world's largest energy companies. Headquartered in London, GM&T operates to provide Gazprom group with a global marketing reach, round the clock operational coverage and excellent customer service. Established in 1999, GM&T has grown from a single office in London into a truly global organisation, with around 1000 employees worldwide. With offices in Europe, Asia and the USA, GM&T trades energy commodities including gas, power, oil, LPG, helium, emissions, LNG and FX and also operates a retail business, trading as Gazprom Energy.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes GM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
- This is a position within Office of Strategy Management, ExCom Office department of GM&T Ltd. The team is led by General Manager who in turn reports to CEO.
- The Executive Assistant will report to General Manager, with a dotted line to Head of Secretariat, and will be a part of OSM team as well as the Global Secretariat team (20-strong).
Duties & Responsibilities
- Rapport: build a strong understanding of the GM’s working style and method and adapt accordingly to match GM’s energy level.
- Awareness: develop a strong understanding of the work the OSM team performs and delivers. Assist the GM with budget management and budget reports preparations. Understand status of all ongoing projects, proactively follow up on deadlines and coordinate responses, liaising effectively with internal and external management team to ensure efficient flow of information between all parties involved.
- Staying on top: take full proactive ownership of GM’s diary including all appointments and meeting and related arrangements aiming to maintain a healthy work/life balance for the GM. This includes managing highly complex and ever-changing meetings schedule and travel arrangements.
- Act as first point of call and an efficient gate-keeper for the GM office, both for internal and external clients, managing all incoming postal correspondence and incoming calls for the GM to ensure appropriate action is taken in a timely manner.
- Take full responsibility for preparing the GM for routine meeting, ensuring all document packs are prepared in advance. Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills are essential for this aspect.
- Team player: build and maintain a strong network of relationships and work as a team with the GM&T Secretariat and with other offices within Gazprom Group to ensure smooth flow of communication. Provide cover for other PAs across the business during holidays, as and when required.
- Organise and cost-efficiently manage large-scale meetings and team events (up to 150 ppl)
- As a Russian-speaker, the EA will be expected to support GM with Russian-language correspondence, providing translations when necessary and liaising with translation agencies.
- Process expense claims for the GM and be a confident SAP user
Skills & Competencies
- Highly proactive – always think two steps ahead
- Able to cope with multiple priorities in a constantly changing high-octane environment
- Proven track record of working with lack of clarity / minimum of instructions
- Able to cope well under stress demonstrating high energy level
- Diligent and dependable
- Mature and professional attitude to work
- Able to work as part of a team as well as individually
- Strong time management skills
- Project management skills are an advantage
- Excellent interpersonal skills and relationship management capabilities
- Excellent communication skills, ability to filter information and disseminate appropriately
- Russian language – native proficiency
- Strong PowerPoint skills and excellent numerical abilities
- Strong team player
- Proven track record of working under pressure for demanding clients
- Concern for accuracy and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Strong Microsoft Office computer skills.
- Experience in a variety of EA positions working at board level
- Experience of working in an international organisation with overseas parent company an advantage
- Knowledge of Russian business environment a strong advantage
- Degree level education
- Formal secretarial training preferable