The Associate Green Economy Transition (GET) Policy is responsible for supporting the preparation and implementing policy assignments for specific countries and sectors in accordance with the EECC policy work plan.. The Associate will also support the Team to maintain high mandate compliance of GET projects through ensuring good or excellent TI (Transition Impact) ratings. The Associate supports the Lead, Policy Products and will be familiar with all tasks related to delivering on-the-ground policy dialogue assistance to beneficiaries and stakeholders as part of the GET project life cycle development and implementation.
Externally, the Associate is one of the Bank’s representatives with clients, government authorities, and other stakeholders on policy dialogue activities.
The Associate represents the Bank on operational matters at the project, sector, and country level, both internally and externally and engages in external policy dialogue at relevant working levels. The Associate ensures that the projects comply with all requirements of the Technical Cooperation project cycle. The Associate works closely with relevant sector, support, and country teams in enhancing the impact of the GET through policy dialogue.
The EBRD has invested more than €19 billion in over 1,100 sustainable energy projects since the SEI commenced in 2006. The main goal of the wider Energy Efficiency & Climate Change team is to mainstream the GET by promoting sustainable energy and resource investments (investments in climate change mitigation and adaptation, renewable energy, energy efficiency, water efficiency, materials efficiency and waste minimisation) throughout the Bank’s operations.
The role of the Policy Products Unit in the EECC team is to support mainstreaming of the GET into the business of the EBRD through policy dialogue.
This is a 3 year fixed term contract.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Act as an expert for the bank on specific GET related policy areas, to identify and understand key themes and develop them.
- Keep abreast of developments in the specific GET-related policy areas, including with other IFIs, and provide comprehensive in-depth analysis, research and advice on these areas to the EECC and other banking teams.
- Support the development and implementation of annual policy work plans for key GET-related policy areas, and potentially countries and regions to enable the team to prioritise project delivery with optimal efficiency and alignment to the Bank’s strategic objectives.
- Develop and manage key assignments in GET-related policy area(s).
- Contribute to the development of new processes, products, and procedures to deliver improvements and innovations in the way specialist advice is provided to the clients.
- Review and provide critical comment on policy documents prepared under policy dialogue assignments
- Manage specific policy dialogue assignments in the GET-related policy area(s) from procurement to conclusion
- Support the Team in developing relevant policy products and knowledge products in support of investments in sustainable energy and resource use.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Relevant Business, or Economics degree with a focus on Energy & Environmental or Resource Policy
- Relevant experience in managing energy/resource efficiency policy analysis and technical policy assistance formulation and delivery from a multilateral, governmental, or civil society perspective, or within a development finance institution.
- Understanding of energy, environment and development challenges in the EBRD region
- Substantial experience of planning and delivery of complex, multi-disciplinary policy programmes and projects
- Well – developed stakeholder management skills
- Ability to draft complex papers relating to energy and policy
- Good strategic planning skills
- Experience in managing projects and consultants
- Experience in managing teams, accomplished leader
- Experience of communicating complex policy and technical issues to a wide range of stakeholders
- Experience dealing with senior government officials on policy-related issues
- Excellent English, and either Russian, French, Turkish, Arabic would be advantageous
- Computer literate (advanced Excel/Powerpoint, MS Word)
Diversity is one of the Bank’s core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities.