Language Empire are currently recruiting Face-to-Face Interpreters located in Ilford and surrounding areas.
Areas Covered: Ilford, Chigwell, Woodford Green, Buckhurst Hill, Loughton, Barking
Languages In High Demand: Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Bengali, Farsi, Kurdish, Lingala, Lithuanian, Pashto, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swahili, Tamil, Turkish, Urdu, Vietnamese
Interpreters convert spoken or sign language statements from one language to another. They work in situations where people who do not speak the same language need to understand one another. If you can speak one or more foreign languages and would like an important role where you can work in areas like politics, business or public service, this job could be for you. In this job you would need good listening skills and a clear speaking voice. You would also need to be able to concentrate and think quickly.
Interpreting involves listening to, understanding and memorising content in the original 'source' language, then reproducing statements, questions and speeches in a different 'target' language. This is often done in only one direction, normally into the interpreter's native language, but may be on a two-way basis.
Interpreters work in the following settings:
- business functions such as meetings, conferences, exhibitions and product launches;
- criminal justice proceedings, known as public service interpreting (PSI), including police and probation service interviews, courts;
- hearings, solicitor interviews, arbitration hearings and immigration tribunals;
- community-based events and assignments within the education, health and social services sectors.
Benefits of interpreting with us include:
- Flexi working to fit around your schedule
- You be part of a growing and reputable agency
- Help and support from our dedicated in house team
- Ongoing training and support
If you have the relevant skills and/or experience and would like to register with Language Empire please send your cv by clicking on the 'apply for this job' button.
Once your registration has been approved, you will be contacted for any job opportunities in and around your locality.