EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases — all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and top-notch workforce. EIS, a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., based in Birmingham, AL, is ranked in the top 200 of the nation’s largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. EBSCO is a company that seeks to motivate, to inspire, and to provide growth opportunities to its employees. If you are looking to join a team like ours, we encourage you to explore our unique opportunities.
Customer Account Specialists are responsible for providing customer service and technical support to designated accounts within a geographic region.
- Answer customers' questions, both technical and service related, and resolve concerns in a timely manner (within 24 hours whenever possible) via telephone, e-mail, online, etc.
- Make proactive contact with target customers on regular basis. Provide support for both target and non-target customer accounts as needed.
- Update target accounts about upcoming product releases.
- Advocate on behalf of target customers for issues, enhancements and defects.
- Provide virtual training as necessary.
- Act as liaison between customer and internal groups as necessary.
- Ensure all customer communication and activities are logged.
- Follow up with customers as necessary to ensure their issues have been resolved.
- Generate FAQ's for our customer knowledge base.
- Understand products serviced and systems used.
- Deep understanding of the technical environment in which EBSCOhost databases are used.
- Experience with technical support of EBSCOhost products preferred
- Fluent in both English and Russian
- Proficient data entry and processing skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy of work
- Ability to perform to expected standard under pressure
- Literacy and numeracy skills
- Expert knowledge of EBSCO DDE systems and services
- Understanding of supporting online products and/or computers.
- Responsive and quick to learn and update knowledge
- COMP TIA A+ certification