* THIS IS A SHORT TERM CONTRACT TO COMPLETE ON 30/11/18 *
The FI Grants Management is a proactive unit within the Financial Institutions Business Group (FIBG) responsible for daily administration and overall management of TC and non-TC grants, the FI’s consultancy budget, and other associated activities. The Team provides support and advice on all grant-related aspects in the FI Business Group and ensures that grants are mobilised, committed, deployed and reported upon in an efficient, accurate and transparent manner, applying the highest professional standards, given the fiduciary duty that the Bank assumes vis-à-vis Donors funds.
Technical cooperation (TC) and co-investment (non-TC) are grants which support EBRD investments and are sourced from donors and EBRD’s net income. TC focuses on consultancy services in support of a particular project or programme such as project preparation and implementation, training, sector support, capacity-building, transfer of technical skills, policy dialogue or other forms of assistance. Non-TC comprises investment grants, performance fees and incentives, risk-sharing facilities and concessional loans.
Grants play an important role for EBRD to achieve its financial sector strategy objectives of supporting resilient and efficient financial institutions, improving financial sector effectiveness and integration, and enhancing financial intermediation.
The Senior Officer provides assistance and support to Managers and Analysts in the Team as well as Framework and Operation Leaders, Directors, teams within and outside Financial Institutions Business Group in relation to Grant-funded facilities, programmes and projects throughout the project lifecycle, particularly focusing on administration, monitoring, and reporting.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Actively contributes to TC preparation by preparing or commenting on project budgets, consultancy terms of reference, TC project profiles, TC results matrices and other Grant Review related documentation as well as the non-TC documentation (non-TC checklist, applications for funding to EBRD Shareholder Special Fund, etc.) ;
- Supports Analysts and Managers within the Team in the process of securing internal grant funding approvals by liaising with Donor Co-financing, consultancy services procurement departments, etc.
- Prepares funding requests including the drafting of donor funding applications and monitors fund utilisation under allocated projects and programmes;
- Advises project teams on and facilitates the consultant procurement and selection process, drafts relevant documents, originates and implements consultancy contracts (liaises with internal support units for purposes of contract management, as well as external stakeholders – clients and consultants in coordination with management);
- Contributes to the preparation of contribution to external and internal reports on the use of the donor funds, including by providing narratives and statistical data for the relevant financing facilities and grant instruments;
- Supports OLs with the administrative and financial monitoring of consultancy contracts;
- Collates and analyses participating banks’ quarterly/semi-annual operational reports e.g. sub-loan portfolio signings/ disbursements and repayments and input in statistics database, highlighting discrepancies and inconsistencies in operational reporting to ensure incentive payments are in line with legal documents and within the donor approved amounts as per the agreed procedural documentation;
- Prepares and tracks incentive estimates or other cash flow forecasts as required by the donor, Funds Accounting unit, steering committees or TC / non-TC OL;
- If needed and relevant, supports preparation of and attends marketing events and workshops;
- Administers and maintains accuracy of the pipeline of project assignment database and provide accurate information for the Head and relevant managers of the Grants Management Team;
- Provides progress updates and reporting statistics for presentation to donors at Steering and Monitoring Committee Meetings under designated facilities;
- Performs other tasks and duties related to administration of TC and non-TC instruments as requested.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Experience in project operations and general administration roles, preferably in a banking environment
- Good level of numeracy skills
- Computer literate: SAP (desirable), Microsoft Windows suite: Microsoft Outlook, Word, and advanced Excel and PowerPoint are essential
- Attention to detail, and an eye for accuracy
- Highly motivated, committed and have a desire to contribute to the team
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Ability to prioritise and work with continuously changing priorities with little supervision, schedule own work and take initiative
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills at all levels in a multicultural environment, including strong business writing and presenting skills, ability to communicate effectively on operational matters
- Ability to work to tight deadlines is essential
- Knowledge of the Bank's policies and procedures will be an advantage
- Excellent English essential, both written and spoken. Knowledge of Arabic, French, or Russian would be useful but not essential
Diversity is one of the Bank’s core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities.
Job Segment: Manager, Bank, Banking, ERP, Marketing Manager, Management, Finance, Technology, Marketing