Digital Shadows is a VC-backed, growth stage company with offices in London, San Francisco and Dallas. We monitor and manage digital risk across the widest range of data sources within the open, deep, and dark web to protect an organization’s business, brand, and reputation.
Our Digital Shadows SearchLight™ service combines scalable data analytics with human intelligence analysts to manage and mitigate risks of an organization’s brand exposure, VIP exposure, cyber threat, data exposure, infrastructure exposure, physical threat, and third party risk, and create an up-to-the minute view of an organization’s digital risk with tailored threat intelligence.
We are seeking exceptional individuals to join us on our journey and share in our accomplishments and passion.
For more information on Digital Shadows, please visit http://www.digitalshadows.com
- Do the Right Thing - We are an ethical company operating with respect, empathy and equality. We respect everyone’s security, freedom and privacy.
- Anything is Possible - We encourage innovation, independent thinking and team work.
- Trust and Be Trusted - We trust our people to make the right decisions and assume best intentions. We deal in facts, not fear.
- All about People - We have a diverse, inclusive, fun and spirited culture that nurtures exceptional talent for the long haul. We make the world safe for our clients and our community
Our Cyber Intelligence Analysts Interns conduct open source intelligence analysis using Digital Shadows’ proprietary SearchLight™ platform to monitor threats to our customers and draft customer-facing intelligence incidents. By doing so, the Analyst Intern will have the opportunity to gain hands on experience in intelligence analysis and reporting. This proactive internship in the Pre Sales analyst team is focused on short term customer trials where we demonstrate our capabilities to potential clients before they purchase a solution. The candidate will be joining a busy team and will be expected to hit the ground running. This is a paid internship.
A Pre Sales Intern will typically be assisting the analyst team in:
- Monitoring threats to the customers by removing false positives, identifying potential threats and drafting intelligence incidents
- Seating in frequent Client calls, adapting the course of the trial to demonstrate appropriate solutions to meet customers’ needs
- Working alongside Pre Sales Engineers, developers and configuration analysts throughout the course of the trials
- A Humanities, Computing or Cyber Security related degree (i.e. History, International Relations, Politics, Computer Science, Cyber Security) or equivalent experience
- A passion for Intelligence and / or Analytical Research either through related study, work experience, internship or placement in a related discipline.
- Experience in a customer service role, dealing with complex or difficult clients either face to face or remotely
- Experience of taking ownership of projects and delivering against committed results
- Experience of management of multiple competing demands and prioritising your own work
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Language skills, particularly Italian, German, Arabic, Mandarin or Russian
- Exceptional writing skills
- Comfortable working with technology and basic understanding of internet technologies (i.e. TCP/IP, DNS)
- An Inquisitive and curious mind set
- Available for full time work in our London office
Desirable knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Experience with open source intelligence (e.g. not simply using social media for personal use. Aggregating information from various social media platforms to identify threats or targeting, formulate logical conclusions, and offer prescriptive mitigation) or investigatory experience
- Industry recognised cyber security certifications
- Knowledge of cyber actors, tactics, techniques and procedures
- Competitive benefits package
- Flexible working conditions and hours
- Excellent career prospects and training opportunities
- Salary is negotiable on, and commensurate with, experience
- Fun, Lively office environment
- Regular Company events
At this time we are only able to accept applicants with a current right to work in the UK and are unable to provide sponsorship for this position.
Applicants must be residents of London area and willing to commute daily to an office in the London metropolitan area. Applicants will not be considered if they will not be available to interview and work in the London area. This opportunity is not available for paid relocation; any relocation expenses are the responsibility of the job candidate. Candidate must be available for interviews immediately and willing to start soon thereafter.
If you have any questions, please contact us. Please note that we only accept applications through our online application portal.
We are seeking a candidate to start ASAP.