Digital Shadows is a VC-backed, growth stage company with offices in London, San Francisco and Dallas. We provide insight into an organization’s external digital risks and the threat actors targeting them. Our SearchLight™ service combines scalable data analytics with human analysts to monitor for cyber threats, data leakage, and reputation risks. Digital Shadows continually monitors the Internet across the visible, deep and dark web, as well as other online sources to create an up-to-the-minute view of an organization and provide it with tailored threat intelligence. We are seeking exceptional individuals to join us on our journey and share in our accomplishments and passion.
For more information on Digital Shadows, please visit http://www.digitalshadows.com
This entry level analyst role plays a critical part as the ‘human in the middle’ between the Digital Shadows SearchLight service and our customers. The Cyber Intelligence Analyst is responsible for processing large volumes of incidents generated by SearchLight. Through the use of the SearchLight platform and open source intelligence, the analyst assesses the validity of the incidents and conducts further analysis to add meaningful business context to incidents that are delivered to our clients. In this role you will develop a deep understanding of the intelligence lifecycle, cyber security and the digital risks landscape that exists across our client's business verticals. We take a skills based approach to learning development and have a training and progression plan in place for new analysts to develop their skills and progress to other opportunities, such as senior analyst, team lead, or more research and technically focused roles across the company. Analysts play a key role in creating general and client-specific situational awareness for our customers to help them make informed strategic and operational decisions to secure their enterprises. Our team offers plenty of opportunities to collaboratively learn from each other and progress within the company.
A successful applicant will have 3-12 months of experience in a threat intelligence analysis / operations role or equivalent education. You should have previous experience or demonstrable self-learning relating to source evaluation, structured analytical techniques, understanding of cognitive biases, and be able to make accurate, objective, evidence-based assessments on threats and risks. You should be fluent in working with technology, and the ideal candidate will be naturally inquisitive about cyber security. You should have a good understanding of major international political and security issues, and strive to stay up to date on current affairs. Above all else, you should be comfortable working in, or leading, an operation to deliver and produce results while under strict timelines.
Our people make our culture and are our best representatives to customers.
- Do the right thing
We are an ethical company. We operate with respect, empathy and equality and strive for clear communication. We will never compromise anyone’s security, freedom or privacy.
- Anything is possible
We encourage innovation, independent thinking and team work. We don’t do politics. The best idea wins, not the loudest voice. This keeps us agile and our clients get great results.
- Trust and be trusted
We trust our people to make the right decisions. We only implement the most essential policies for the good of the business. We always assume the best intentions. We are all owners of, and accountable for, the company.
- Quietly Confident
We are here to deliver facts, not fear, uncertainty or doubt. Anything we provide is based on robust evidence and reasoned argument.
- In it for the team
We are ambitious for our people, not just our company. We set bold goals and nurture exceptional talent for the long haul. We are committed to developing and progressing our existing talent and leadership.
- Committed to our culture
We have an inclusive, fun and spirited culture. Anyone can talk to anyone and we encourage mentorship and an open door policy across teams. This is how we win together.
Applicants must be residents of the greater London area and willing to commute daily to an office in the London metropolitan area. Applicants will not be considered if their application reflects that they do not reside in the London area or state that they will not be available to interview and work in the London area. This opportunity is not available for paid relocation; any relocation expenses are the responsibility of the job candidate. Candidate must be available for interviews immediately and willing to start soon thereafter.
Must have skills
- Basic understanding and a passion for both cyber security and intelligence analysis
- 3-12 months of experience in a similar role
- A university degree or equivalent education (i.e. Computer Science, Cyber Security, International Relations, Political Science) with strong academic results
- Must be comfortable working in a demanding, fast paced environment spending a significant amount of time conducting system based incident processing
- Available for full time work including working a 5 day rotating shift pattern (364 days a year with the exception of December 25)
- Comfortable working with technology and basic understanding of internet technologies (i.e. TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP)
- Can demonstrate innovation, adaptability, pragmatism, enthusiasm, and work as part of a global team
- Comfortable interacting with clients and strives for exceptional client satisfaction
- Prefers clear, concise and straight to the point communication
- Willing to take and defend calculated risks by finding trends in disparate pieces of information, forming logical conclusions, and providing problem-solving recommendations to customers
- Inquisitive and curious mind set when it comes to threat identification
- Willing and eagerness to learn and able to adapt with the growth of the business
Desirable Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Language skills – written and verbal fluency in Mandarin OR Russian are very highly desirable
- Cyber security certifications such as CEH, and Comptia Network+ or Security+ are an advantage
- Experience of using analytical tools such as i2, Palantir or Maltego
- An interest in cyber actors, tactics, techniques and procedures
- Competitive benefits package
- Flexible working conditions and hours
- Fun, new, and growing office in London
- Future career prospects and further training opportunities
- Salary is negotiable on, and commensurate with, experience
Equal opportunity for disabled Veterans, recently separated Veterans, other protected Veterans, and for workers with disabilities.
If you have any questions, please contact us on careers[at]digitalshadows[dot]com. Please note that we only accept applications through our online application portal.