Diffblue is a world leader in Artificial Intelligence powered technology. We are focusing on creating a suite of developer-focused tools driven by state of the art AI systems that provide a frictionless boost to your working day. We intelligently and automatically generate unit tests so that you can focus on what you do best.
Our world renowned team is developing these cutting edge tools, far beyond the capabilities of current-generation software, to make code worldwide safer, faster, and better.
We are always looking to hire new talent to join us on our journey to create a pivotal product that will change the frontiers of coding forever.
About the Diffblue team
At Diffblue, you will have the opportunity to learn from former computer science professors and experts in advanced disciplines such as AI, static analysis and software verification. We promote an environment in which we not only learn from each other but to push the boundaries in our own specialisms.
We have a friendly, respectful and supportive culture. Collaboration, intellectual curiosity and flexibility are important to us. We ask a lot from our teams, but we look after you in return, which includes offering a great host of benefits such as free daily lunches, 8% pension contribution, generous holidays and flexible working hours. We strongly believe that diversity is important for a modern business, and that when different opinions, backgrounds and life views meet, better results are obtained.
We are currently searching for a C++ expert to contribute to the development of a series of automated code analysis and refactoring tools.
Accountabilities and responsibilities
Day to day we will expect you to:
- Independently implement and test C++ modules
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation
- Efficiently express new algorithms devised by the research team in C++
- Liaise with research engineers to discuss required features
- Extensive experience in C++, C++11 and C++14 with thorough knowledge of the standard library.
- Knowledge of algorithms. Most of "quicksort", "Dijkstra's algorithm", "AVL tree", "quadratic complexity", and "undecidability" will ring a bell with you.
- Experience working with versioning systems, such as git.
- Proven experience in contributing to large C++ projects.
- Proven experience with compiler architectures, parsers and syntax trees.
We’re always happy to train and coach our staff, so if you don’t have these let us know and we’ll work with you to develop your skills.
- Routine in unit testing.
- Familiarity with language tools, such as GDB, gprof and Valgrind.
- Knowledge of compilers, and tools used to implement them.
- Flexible working hours
- Work on cutting-edge computer science technologies
- 8% pension employer contribution
- Role flexibility: learn new technologies if you want
- Free lunches
- Private healthcare insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Income protection insurance