IB Coverage is a London-based team within the UK Financial Crime Compliance function of the bank. The team advises and guides the Investment Banking division of (both Global Markets & Investment Banking businesses) together with relevant support functions, in all aspects of financial crime compliance.
The IB Coverage Officer supports the IB Coverage Head in actively leading and owning the day to day activities of the IB Coverage team. They also act as first point of contact for queries and critical issues from the IB and its support functions, and lead projects related to the ongoing development of the team.
The IB Coverage Officer reports directly to the IB Coverage Head.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to)
- Research, analyse, and quality assure information and representations made by Front Office relating to complex risk scenarios such as operations in high risk countries, dealings with complex reputational issues or potential financial crime risk issues;
- Providing advice and guidance to the inesses on FCC matters on a proactive and reactive basis;
- Liaising with both local and global teams within FCC (eg Client ID, Surveillance & Investigations, Sanctions, ABC and Fraud) in order to provide a more structured and efficient service to the business;
- Assessing high risk client and PEP reviews (EDD) on new and existing clients;
- Assisting in the management of incidents and investigations in relation to IB clients and issues;
- Delivering targeted face to face training on financial crime issues, typologies, policies and methodologies;
- Assisting with the annual FC Risk Assessment by liaising with the business and driving through actions from the analysis of results;
- Undertaking and/or assisting with desk reviews, as prioritised by the FCC Risk Assessment and FCC Annual Programme;
- Attending and providing FCC input to relevant business committees and ensuring appropriate MI is submitted in a timely manner;
- Actively reviewing and providing credible challenge to 1LOD FCC management information;
- Ensuring by testing and review that the control frameworks relating to all areas of FC are robust and operating effectively;
- Acting as final escalation point for any issues relating to monitoring, screening, PEP, ABC, Fraud and sanctions alerts;
- Assisting the MLRO and Head of IB Coverage with maintenance of Risk Appetite Statements and advise business on appropriate measures and limits;
- Providing FCC input and investigation of potential Policy breaches and conduct issues where appropriate;
- Liaising with FCC Global functions to ensure that UK controls and procedures are in line with the global framework;
- Advising the Business on implementation of new policies and procedures introduced by Global functions &/or local requirements;
- Considering results of testing and monitoring reviews relevant to business areas and discuss remedial actions required with the Business and management, as appropriate;
- Ensuring oversight of client, transaction and product pipeline and provide FCC advice as appropriate;
- Liaising with Internal and External Audit in respect of FCC-related scope and findings;
- Ad hoc project work.
Open to discussing flexible/agile working.
- Investment Banking Financial Crime experience is essential
- Prior experience at a risk consultancy, intelligence unit, or FCC
- Fluency in a foreign language desired (Russian, Arabic, or Mandarin)
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Agile and adaptable to changing environment
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Problem solver
- Team player with good interpersonal skills
- Excellent research skills