Condé Nast International publishes close to 128 high-quality websites and apps in 11 countries around the world, reaching more than 200 million unique users.
Some of our world famous brands are Vogue, GQ, Wired, Vanity Fair, Glamour, Condé Nast Traveller and Architectural Digest.
Condé Nast is undergoing a huge digital investment and transformation programme. We are embarking on an ambitious reimagining of how we shape our digital editorial strategy.
During this start up period we require an experienced Senior Photo and Multimedia Editor, GQ to work closely with our 11 GQ international teams – from our central editorial team in London.
The Senior Photo and Multimedia Editor, GQ will provide imagery to our global GQ websites, managing content, workflow and budgets. He or she will be talented, highly motivated and adaptable. We are looking for someone who will thrive in a fast paced start up environment and produce a broad range of international content with diversity and culture in mind.
This is a role for a self driven individual with a strong digital photo editing background, a strategic outlook and an understanding of how to evolve an established global brand within the changing digital landscape.
The position reports into the Head of Photography.
How to Apply:
Please apply with one document - a PDF to include a covering letter, a one-page CV and the following task. The task must be provided as a concise one page summary within this PDF.
From the list of GQ digital editions below choose two and write a brief on the following points:
- Pick 2 visual concepts that, in your opinion, don’t work well for the GQs – and explain why.
- Pick 2 visual concepts that, in your opinion, work great for the GQs – and explain why.
For this task, look at both the website and affiliated social media platforms (specifically Facebook, Instagram and WeChat when relevant).
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Photo edit for all GQ sites worldwide - create and curate daily and weekly picture edits to inform, inspire and support the international GQ digital editors
- Research and source images for all digital visual content including video / moving image to deadline
- Negotiate fees and commission visuals when necessary
- Understand how to produce visual content based on targeted and data-driven goals
- Identify opportunities for syndication and strategic sharing of content across our global GQs
- Ensure all imagery has appropriate usage and legal clearance
- Brainstorm and test visual franchises to help drive growth across digital platforms
- Provide photography for quick reactive assignments or arrange timely response with freelancers
- Brainstorm and work creatively with the London-based central team and the international GQ editorial teams
- Contribute to a visual social media and alternative platforms strategy for the GQs and support with a visual direction
- Work with both the video and social teams on social media projects
- Communicate effectively and manage relationships with digital editors, print editors, technical teams, art teams, editorial rights teams, press contacts and all archives worldwide
- Ensure content is managed securely and delivered effectively in a timely manner to all international markets
- Work closely with the Audience Growth Editor, GQ, to identify future opportunities and initiatives to further define the GQ reader and develop our global audience
- Oversee the GQ visual budget under the guide of the Head of Photography and Managing Editor
Essential Skills & Requirements
- Extensive experience in a digital picture editing role in a large publishing or media / content led company
- Proven interest in male-focused and lifestyle content
- Good knowledge of the fashion industry, designers and seasonal trends
- Advanced picture editing and photoshop skills
- Video editing (Adobe Premiere) skills are non essential but highly desirable
- A meticulous eye for detail
- Exceptional organisational and planning skills
- Working knowledge of copyright law and its digital expression
- Responsive to change and to learn new things within a fast-paced digital environment
- A people-first person with strong communications both verbal and written, on and offline, and the willingness to represent yourself as a positive and globally minded brand ambassador
- Strong management skills or the interest in developing these skills as the team expands
- The ideal candidate will have experience of living and working within another culture and will speak a second language
- We favour speakers of one or more of the languages that we publish in: Mandarin, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish, Russian