Condé Nast International publishes Vogue, Wired, Ars Technica, Vanity Fair, Glamour, GQ and many other leading brands. We're in China, Japan, Taiwan, India, Russia, Italy, France, Spain, Germany, the UK and Mexico.
In total we run 64 websites for about 220 million monthly uniques. We’re profitable, privately owned and committed to constantly reinventing ourselves at the tender age of 107.
Condé Nast International is looking for a PA to support the Executive Director of Editorial Development. Th is is a varied position, requiring initiative, diplomacy, adaptability, discretion and an understanding of different cultures.
This is a new role and requires an experienced who has already held this position (or similar). The Executive Director Editorial Developments first language is Russian and business correspondence will sometimes need to be checked and edited therefore, a thorough grasp of English grammar and spelling is essential. You should be able to cut and/or rewrite copy sensitively, lucidly and accurately.
The role demands first-class writing, analytical and organisation skills, and ability to build relationships both internally and with external sources including executives.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Supporting the Executive Director of Editorial Development and extensive diary management.
- Help provide regular analytical reports on different brands such as Vogue and GQ, mostly within print.
- Help to prepare presentations and lectures on the history and DNA of Condé Nast Internationals different brands as well as media trends.
- Working on all new media launches in all markets across the world.
- Comprehensive commercial assistance: drafting speeches, designing presentations responding to correspondence.
- Preparation for all meetings: researching clients organising agendas and board packs.
- Liaison with a wide and varied range of business and personal contacts, presenting a professional and trustworthy demeanour at all times.
- Booking all travel/hotels, ensuring appropriate visas have been obtained, for corporate and leisure, and preparing complex travel itineraries for the Executive Director of Editorial Development and the Art Director.
- Understand and anticipate the needs of in-demand individuals — addressing them at all times in the appropriate manner.
- The ideal candidate will be a strong systematic thinker, excelling at multi-tasking and have a strong attention to details.
- Passion for fashion and life-style media brands.
- Research skills.
- Experience in a similar role.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Good grammar, spelling, drafting, writing and proof-reading ability.
- Strong MS Office skills and a working knowledge of Apple products.
- Confident in fact checking and proof reading copy as the final step.
- Confident telephone manner and ability to communicate with staff at different levels and across different departments.
- Additional languages are advantageous but not essential.
- Self-driven and motivated, with an ability to show initiative in all situations.
- Extremely discreet and highly organised and detail orientated.