Condé Nast International publishes close to 128 magazine and high-quality websites and apps in 11 countries around the world, reaching more than 220 million unique users. Some of our world-famous brands are Vogue, GQ, Wired, Vanity Fair, Glamour, Condé Nast Traveller, and Architectural Digest.
Condé Nast International is undergoing a huge digital investment and transformation programme.
We are embarking on an ambitious reimagining of how we shape our digital editorial strategy. As such we are in startup mode and require an energetic trainee SEO editor to join the audience growth team.
The trainee SEO editor will support audience growth by optimizing the content created by the London-based editorial team and advising Condé Nast International’s in-market Vogue and GQ editorial teams.
Reporting to the head of audience growth, the trainee SEO editor will work closely with digital editors and SEO specialists, as well as external consultants and agencies in at least 11 different countries.
This role is best suited to trained journalist with an interest and some experience in working within data. An understanding of Search Engine Optimisation would be useful, however, is not strictly necessary as you will receive on-the-job SEO training from our SEO consultant and develop valuable skills and knowledge.
This is a new international team within a company with a strong leadership team and clear strategy and vision. You will have access and insights into digital publishing around the world. You’ll be working with exceptional colleagues in editorial, engineering, data and UX. You’ll be part of a collaborative team focused on creating first-class stories and user experience.
How to apply
Please send a one-page CV, a one-page cover letter. Please include a 400-word max answer that demonstrates your appetite for learning. Applications without this answer will not be considered.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- You will become an expert in all areas of editorial SEO
- You will develop the skills for keyword research, using various tools including Google Webmaster Tools
- You will guide editorial teams on optimizing existing content to increase search rankings and traffic
- You will share keyword insights with the London-based central team and the Vogue and GQ editorial teams around the world
- You will develop ‘parent articles’ for key events and, working with our SEO consultant, you’ll support the Vogues and GQs in ‘owning’ key events
- You will provide guidance, training and best practice to editorial teams
- You will create and manage a library of global SEO keywords relevant to our main publications as a tool for our editorial teams
- You will develop an understading of analytics and reporting in order to understand and report on which strategy is working and which publication or region needs more support
- You will support the tracking of content used globally by managing pick up links and sharing with the wider team
- You will support the Head of Audience Growth with management of department invoicing and maintenance of the Audience Growth budget
Essential Skills & Requirements
- A trained journalist with some knowledge of SEO
- A technical understanding and appetite for learning
- Sound knowledge of numbers and Excel
- A flair for spotting trends in numbers
- A love of fashion, lifestyle and beauty content for male and female audiences
- Experience in presenting or training
- A people-first person with strong communications both verbal and written, on and offline, and the willingness to represent yourself as a positive and globally minded brand ambassador
- Experience in using Google Analytics and SEO tools is a plus
- Responsive to change and to learn new things within a fast-paced digital environment
- The ideal candidate will have experience of living and working within another culture and will speak a second language (preferred but not essential)
- We favour speakers of one or more of the languages that we publish in (Chinese, Japanese, Russian, Spanish, Italian, French and German)