The objective of this role is to sell Citi's full trade capabilities, in particular Working Capital Finance / TTS packaged solutions leveraging Trade Finance, Trade Services and Supply Chain Finance tools, to a defined list of clients at both parent and subsidiary level, primarily in the UK and mentor / support the CEEMEA Trade Sales Team.
- The sales officer will own a client portfolio and will be the key client advocate and subject matter expert for all of the trade capabilities, ensuring that the trade capabilities are delivered and executed to the satisfaction of his/her client base.
- The job will be focussed not only on regional deal closures but also on cross regional deals with an emphasis on coming up with solutions leveraging existing trade solution components and driving revenues
- Trade Sales will be measured against goals for Wins, CIW revenue growth, factory revenue growth, calling effort and pipeline. All goals will be on a global basis for the parented names and on a regional basis for the subsidiary/L3 names. In addition, this role will include leading flagship deals and managing strategic projects and initiatives for the UK and EMEA as well as focusing on cross regional deals.
- The role will also involve mentoring coaching other partners based in clusters. This position will report to report into EandP UK and CEEMEA (Poland, Ukraine, Russian, Middle East and Africa) Trade Sales Head.
- In addition it will be to support strategic initiatives such as client events, key product and sector origination initiatives and finally work with Trade operations and product to ensure robust execution and revenue ramp up for the defined client set.
- Strong knowledge of Citi network and capabilities, with a good understanding of Citi risk and trade policies. Completing credit applications in line with Citi’s policies and procedures whilst working closely with client RMs and risk managers.
- Proven ability to structure and execute complex deals end to end, also solutioning using some or all trade products
- Good cross sectional in-depth knowledge of all trade products with extensive years of experience.
- Multi country on the ground work experience with clients and local TTS Management in Ceemea as well from a Sales, Industry and Product perspective
- Experience of managing and/or training team members
- Client facing experience with the ability to build new client relationships and deal origination. Client facing experience in trade sales and in geographies outside of Western Europe will be key.
- Understanding of trade policies and credit risk with focus on corporates in W. Europe and CEEMEA / emerging markets across various industries
- Excellent communication skills with an innovative mindset
- Self motivated and comfortable taking ownership from deal and client origination through to delivery utilising the Trade and Coverage Seniors to enhance deal closure and problem resolution
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.