- Engage with Citigold and Citigold Private Clients for foreign exchange advisory, sales and trade execution. Acting as a specialist source within the advisory team for the Citigold Wealth Management proposition
- The objective of this position is to conduct daily sales activities related to FX based products, offer FX research advisory within the business, support markets, and offer specialty services in terms of market intelligence, developing and growing awareness among retail clients for currency diversification and investment purpose.
- The candidate will manage the sales and advisory services for FX products – spot, FX Order watch, and FX linked solutions and services in partnership with the existing customer Relationship Managers for HNI, Affluent and mass affluent segments
- IPB EMEA and UK Consumer bank has been integrated to form one business to leverage synergies and drive efficiencies. The combined business serves over 100K clients with a total footing of $8.5 Billion, and revenue of over $ 120MM. The Investments AUM is over $ 2.6 Billion and the customer Liability book is over $ 5.6 Billion across multiple countries/ geographies.
- IPB caters to the off shore wealth management needs of onshore clients in various EMEA markets and offers products and services across banking products such as current account, savings, time deposits, FCY products and investment products such as mutual funds, structured notes, fixed income advisory, equity brokerage, credit products, dual currency placements, FXOW etc. Our key markets in EMEA are Russia, Greece, UAE and Bahrain.
- UK Consumer bank serves UK resident clients with multi currency banking and wealth management products and services. The business is supported by a small London based branch network with Operation and Customer Service based across multiple sites both in the UK and abroad.
- Focus to increase client engagement/ activities across channels, product penetration and currency diversification.
- Responsible for delivering FX revenue through direct contact with client and driving it through the Relationship Manager teams, across FX products – FX Spot, FX Order-watch, and other products as they are launched.
- Work collectively with the sales team to deliver higher client Net Promoter Score for the portfolio/ market.
- Engage with clients to advise them on FX products, services and online tools, inline with their FX transactional and investment needs, and Citi views.
- Deliver FX updates in meetings/ calls for Sales team – weekly/ monthly/ periodically event driven, based on market events and Citi’s views on various currencies.
- Work with the Investment Strategist in order to transmit bank’s view and recommendation to the Sales team and ensure it is consistently delivered to clients
- Ensure high degree of engagement with FX savvy client; participate in client meetings, with the Relationship Manager, conduct client calls, events, webinars and panel discussions.
- Actively identify sales opportunities and share with sales teams to help them in advisory sales.
- Sales Engagement: Support the sales teams in their knowledge on FX markets, coach and train relationship managers on FX products, positioning and managing clients FXexposures.
- Conduct and organise product trainings sessions, drive advisory sales, and work with the team of Portfolio Counsellors to ensure holistic offering for Private clients.
- Engage actively with Product Managers, Portfolio counsellors and other FX specialists, on product strategy on WM in business, FX overlay on portfolios, share clients and market view on currencies for product selection for advisory, and help Product managers develop products with help a client meet his FX investment and currency diversification objectives.
- Ensure engagement with clients is compliant to Citi internal policies (RDIP) and external regulatory policies – RDR, MIFID product registration requirements across jurisdictions and other policies from regulators – FCA, JFSC, FIMNA.
- Ensure all sales activities are compliant to TCF and Citi’s suitability processes, and ensure timely escalation of issues as they arise.
This is an opportunity to join a dynamic and growing business. It offers the chance to directly serve clients and offer treasury products, build ability to partner with and influence sales RMs, product managers and other specialists, and generate FX revenue, and work with advisory team on market and FX outlook.
- FX sales/ trading experience - extensive years
- Language – English. Second language of Fluent Russian required
- Understands G10 FX market, and the dynamics driving price action
- Proficiency in office skills: MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Understanding of FX and financial markets and ability to understand economic events, to translate for private clients
- Have confidence on explaining Citi house views on Markets for individual clients and can explain that to others professionally, as advisor
- Numerically strong; conversant with Trading Market Data, Charts, Trading Tools, have used Reuters, Bloomberg etc
- Superior analytical skills and systems knowledge to recommend/offer the best value-added possible solutions to clients/markets.
- Customer Communication skill over phone and face to face
- Sales aptitude – to convince idea to Customers, Internal Client Relationship Managers.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills to work with other sales team, product, and regional/local partners
- Detail-oriented; control process, documentation and tracking skills. Metrics-oriented.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or Higher
- Internal Products Training and Citi Certification (will be required after joining)
- RDR qualified e.g. IAD Level4, IMC II
- Preferred current CF30 / FCA Approved Person
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Focus on People:
- Influencing and Persuasiveness
- Building Relationships
Focus on Business and Results
- Drive and Determination
- Planning and Organising
- Commercial Awareness
- Client Focus
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.