What You'll Do
As Consulting System Engineer, Cloud Security at Cisco, you will be responsible for presenting, demonstrating and architecting solutions to solve the cyber security needs of some of the most influential Service Providers in the region. You must be highly accomplished with web security, networking and cloud technologies (SaaS, PaaS and Iaas) –be a self-starter, act as an industry subject matter expert, and strive to help Cisco make customers for life.
You will oversee and orchestrate all pre-sales technical aspects of how Cisco Cloud Security interacts with Service Providers. The focus will be on helping to ensure the success of new Cloud Security offerings in those providers. It’s a highly-technical role, requiring extensive travel across the region to bring new technologies to market via SP routes.
You will have the opportunity to work closely with our product executives, development engineers and sales teams to grow the Cisco Cloud Security business by building a strong partnerships and offerings with these providers.
In this job, you will:
- Participate in technical sales calls and contribute to creating sales and evaluation strategies to SP customers.
- Work with other teams as part of x-functional initiatives to present emerging competitive threats, product direction, key technical issues, strategic Sales opportunities, ensuring future solutions meet customer requirements and address current field obstacles.
- Provide collaborative technical security and product expertise to the broader Cloud Security team as well as the larger Cisco sales organization.
- Lead the construct and delivery of Security / Threat Assessment exercises to accelerate Sales opportunities.
- Take full technical ownership for crucial product and environmental testing that may occur during the service provider opportunity development stages.
- Assist with the successful preparation and transition of new service provider customers into the Customer Success program.
- Effectively interact with internal teams to scope and provide solutions to complex technical issues for highly visible Service Provider account opportunities.
- Be involved in planning, tracking, and reporting of large-scale, complex SE projects.
Key Activities and Metrics
- Objective #1 is to exceed our sales targets.
- Analyze and technically qualify sales opportunities, responding to RFIs / RFPs etc.
- In-depth product presentations, demonstrations and management of prospect evaluations.
- Articulate the high-level benefits of the full Cisco Security architecture to our Service Provider customers.
- Construct best practices for presentations, demos, and Proof of Value exercises as well as overall win strategy.
- Assist in the delivery of technical training to Cisco Sales and SE team members in your region, including on-going development of the team.
- A consultative sales approach and a genuine personal commitment to customer success.
- A commitment to timely customer communication and exceptional customer service.
- An organized, strategic process-orientated approach to capitalize on the market opportunity.
- Effective prioritizing and ability to work with global teams.
- Demonstrable project coordination and cross-functional project team experience.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to present technical information, team and operational status to creative, technical, and senior management staff.
Who You'll Work With
You will be part of an elite technical pre-sales team responsible for driving the success of our cloud-delivered security solutions. The Cloud Security team is part of Cisco’s Global Security Sales Organization (GSSO) - GSSO is taking big steps to position Cisco as the #1 IT Security provider in the industry. In addition to having the right market conditions, capabilities, products and services, we need the right people to take us there.
This is a consultative technical (pre-sales) position that supports the Sales organization working directly with Service Provider prospective customers, managing all the technical aspects of pre-sales activities through to a successful win.
This is a highly visible, and highly impactful team – You will have a compelling opportunity to impact the business and advance your career.
Who You Are
You will bring:
- Degree in Computer Science/Information Systems or equivalent.
- 5+ years in a comparable pre-sales position supporting security solution sales cycles.
- Demonstrable experience winning high-value customers and driving company impacting projects.
- Working knowledge of cloud-based platforms (e.g.: Google Apps, MS Office365, AWS, Salesforce, ServiceNow, Okta, OneLogin, Dropbox, Box, etc.)
- Expertise creating and supporting security solutions in large global Service Providers.
- Knowledge of the broader threat landscape and the ability to extract technology trends, explain complex behaviors in simple terms.
- Interpersonal skills (building relationships in the technical community in the channel).
- Strong work ethic, flexible and willing to travel extensively throughout the region.
- Proven track record of managing and winning technical high value IT security opportunities.
- A positive attitude and friendly outgoing personality. A driven team player.
- Fluent in English.
Desired / Good to Have
- 3 years of enterprise Pre-Sales experience working directly with advanced threat or cloud security products.
- Demonstrable experience scripting with languages such as Python, and working with APIs such as REST/ SOAP.
- SOC experience, with incident response, forensics workflow expertise – demonstrable threat hunting expertise.
- Prior experience of Cisco Security or 3rd party vendor Cloud Security solutions is advantageous.
- Strong network security skills that would include hands-on experience with Checkpoint, Cisco, Juniper, Blue Coat along with other appropriate certifications (e.g. CISSP, CCSE, GCFW, JNCIS-SEC/JNCIP-ENT, GCIH, CEH etc).
Advanced level network technology certifications (e.g. CCNP, CCIE, CCSP, JNCIE etc).
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
• We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
• We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
• We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.