Partnered with a Global Private Banking group to Senior AML Analyst to join an established team in London. There is a preference for Russian, Chinese and French Speakers however open to all Private Wealth Financial Crime candidates with at least three years' experience. This role is pivotal in ensuring the firm adheres and complies with policies, procedures and regulations relating to know your customer, anti-money laundering, PEPs, CTF and ABC.
- Adhere to the rules and regulations affecting the money laundering environment, including but not limited to the FCA Handbook, JMLSG, Proceeds of Crime Act, Prevention of
- Identify any potential KYC AML risks in the Bank and report the findings to the Financial Crime Compliance Manager, where necessary.
- Maintain knowledge of all applicable legislation and best industry practice, including relevant parts of the FCA Handbook and the JMLSG.
- Conduct reviews of new prospects and existing clients, assessing the risk profile and KYC documentation, resolving any issues found by liaising with the Front Office, Line Management and Senior Management where necessary.
- Management of BAU workflows, including the review of new client proposals, account opening, periodic reviews and changes to accounts, providing Quality Checking oversight.
- Support the Head of Financial Crime Compliance in the management of all financial crime compliance issues.
- Assist in the review and update of department procedures and drive system and process improvements.
- Lead or assist with any other regulatory tasks or ad hoc projects as might reasonably be requested by Line Management or the MLRO.
Required knowledge, skills and experience:
- Experienced in report writing, and clear communication.
- Curious and analytical approach to investigating financial crime!
- There is a preference for Russian, Chinese and French Speakers however open to all Private Wealth Financial Crime candidates with at least three years' experience.