CargoLogicManagement provides management and sales services for a leading Group of international all-cargo airlines, operating a combined fleet of over 40 wide and narrow-body freighters including Boeing 747F, Boeing 737F, and the unique capabilities of the outsized Antonov-124 and Ilyushin-76 heavy-lift fleet.
We have a fantastic opportunity to join our new team within this rapidly growing company based in our new offices in Stockley Park, our Financial Accountant will be a key part of this growth.
Overall control for accounting function of the company. Managing and overseeing the daily operations of the accounting department.
- Monitoring the day-to-day financial operations within the company (month and end-year process, accounts payable/receivable, inter-group reconciliations, general ledger, fixed assets register etc.)
- Supporting budget and forecasting activities.
- Monitoring and analysing accounting data and producing under tight deadlines monthly, quarterly and year end reports
- Overseeing payroll function and the benefit schemes and pension scheme
- Managing bank accounts and coordinate debit and credit cards
- Preparation and submission of statutory annual accounts in line with International Financial Reporting Standards, completion of annual audits
- Preparation and submission of corporation tax and VAT returns
- Liaising with other external regulators and services providers (HMRC, banks, payroll agencies, pension advisors etc.) to maintain ongoing good relations ensuring company compliance and cost control as appropriate
- Staying up to date with technological advances and accounting software to be used for financial purposes
- Establishing and enforcing proper accounting methods, policies and principles
- Ensuring that record-keeping and accounts meet the conditions of relevant legislation
- Tracking the company's financial status and performance to identify areas for potential improvement
Qualifications/ Competencies and Experience Required
- Excellent analytical and numeracy skills
- Either Membership of Institute of Chartered Accountants or Institute of Management Accountants
- Ability and confidence to present clear, concise accurate financial information
- Experience in aviation or related industry desirable
- Takes ownership of and personal accountability for decisions and actions
- Fluency in English as a persuasive, concise clear verbal and written communicator: other international languages including Russian desirable