News Classification Analyst – Russian Speaker
Deliver the Russian news that matters the most to our clients. You’re the type of person who always knows about the latest news trends and has a real passion for text analysis and technology. Help to build the product which, in an instant, can deliver news to change the direction of our clients’ critically important business decisions.
Do you have the creativity and the technical skill to help us build upon our extensive news classification processes? If so, we are looking for you!
What’s the Role?
As a member of our News Indexing team, you will be responsible for classification of the world's most important Russian-language financial and economic news with the aim of expanding Bloomberg's brand as the leader in the financial news market. You will use specialized software in order to create hierarchical rules that automatically classify Bloomberg and third party news as well as data from social media sites. You need to have a keen interest in news and perform research in order to identify news topics which are relevant to the Russian market and modify or create news classification rules accordingly.
You will also have an opportunity to work in the fields of statistical classification, Natural Language Processing, text analysis and Search Engine Optimization. Additionally, you will be tasked with finding opportunities for efficiency in our processes and collaborating with Product Strategy, Sales and Engineering to improve the classification product.
What we do in Content Indexing
The content indexing team use internal and open-source software to automatically retrieve, parse, organize and tag news from social media sites, news feeds, web sites and other sources that run on the Bloomberg Professional Service. We also build and maintain our complex taxonomy of classification tags according to our clients’ needs. Our taxonomy work is not theoretical or hyper-specific – it is practical and impactful.
The position also offers opportunities to learn new technologies and you will work collaboratively with our business partners: product managers, application specialists, sales force and end users.
We Need You To Have
- Bachelor’s degree in disciplines such as Linguistics, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Business,
- Finance, Library Science, or other computer related specialization
- Native-level proficiency in spoken and written Russian
- Strong interest/ knowledge in financial and economic news
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to pay close attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven understanding of customer service and experience in building strong relationships with stakeholders
- 1 - 3 years of professional project management experience in information management with the ability to deliver on tight deadlines
What We’d Love To See
- Knowledge of Russian market trends, themes and drivers
- Experience in editing, writing, curating or assigning news stories
- Experience in using categorization, filtering or mining software (such as OpenCalais, Datasift, GNIP, Inxight, IDOL, Verity, Clear Forest, Microsoft Fast)
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are!
In the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.