BitFury is a technology company in Silicon Valley with offices in the U.S., Europe and Asia. We are looking for an Global HSE expert to join our team in order to plan, organize, review and update HSE policies and conduct risk assessments to detect potential hazards and plan precautionary measures.
Under general direction of Global DC Operational Manager Health, safety and environmental (HSE) manager will be responsible for developing and implementing organizational safety programs.
English – mandatory, Russian – preferable.
Degree in Engineering or equivalent with additional professional qualifications in HSE and Fire & Safety Management Systems.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Health, Safety and Environment and Fire Services.
- Working knowledge in Health, Safety and Environment Management Systems, Environmental Discharges, Incident Command System, Incident Investigation by using different Tools, HSE Auditing Techniques.
- Develop & manage the HSE Policy and Guidelines.
- Create Organization roles and responsibilities definition, for what concerns safety aspects.
- Develop & manage the HSE Management System standard.
- Ensures the implementation, updating, review and auditing of the DC Operations HSE Systems.
- Monitors the effective implementation of appropriate Safety and Environment System procedures and provide for their updating in line with changes in Legislation and Company Directives.
- Provides for motivation and familiarization of all DC OPS personnel respecting the importance of complying with all Safety equipment provided.
- Conducts safety audits.
- Participate in accident / incident investigation.
- Carries out analysis of accident / incident statistics, identifying trends and suggesting improvement plans.
- Provides technical support on any safety related subjects.
- Manage in-house safety training.
- Process with safety audits in all BF DCs.
- Safeties related engineering input into new projects and modification programs.
- Participates to HAZOP meetings prior to procurement and installation activities.
- Performs Risk Assessment.
- Preparation of Health and Safety documentation for new tenders.
Skills And Qualifications
- Quality Focus,
- Control, Planning & Problem-solving skills
- Current cost-effective practices in the field.
- Appropriate safety precautions and procedures.
- Applicable city, county, state, and federal codes and regulations.
- Job cost estimating and control procedures.
- General principles of supervision and training.
- Plan, assign, and direct the work
- Train, develop, and evaluate employee skills in proper work methods
- Maintain a strict sense of professional ethics
- Make presentations before groups to explain purpose and scope of change
- Ensures clear communication of change and the reasons behind the change
- The ability to work under pressure
- Read and interpret plans and specifications.
- Recognize and correct safety hazards.
- Understand financial impact of own segment of work on an entire project.
- Establish and maintain effective controls over financial, material, or labor resources.
- Prepare reports with findings, conclusions and recommendations.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.