The Software Engineer will be a core team member developing the platform, to provide a scalable infrastructure to support and run the intelligent search technology. You will be spending your time coming up with the best database servers, graph data structures, distributed computing and data repositories. The infrastructure will be a mixture of local development servers and cloud.
We’re interested in Java, Python, SQL, NoSQL, Elastic Search, Redis, MongoDB, Neo4J, TitanDB, OrientDB. The Software Engineer will be an integral part of the Server-Side engineering team working closely with Web Services and Algorithm development engineers. There will be the opportunity for the software engineer to work across different technologies and be able to contribute to ever evolving needs of our environment.
You will be joining our Agile development teams, be an advocate of high-quality engineering and best-practice in production software as well as rapid prototypes. You must be a strong communicator who can explain what is required to build and deliver great software products. You will be keen to work with the rest of the team and develop collaboratively.
You will promote test-driven-development and other Agile best-practices for ensuring the software is resilient enough for our scientists to rely upon.
This is a great opportunity to get involved at a startup with strong financial backing and global ambitions.
Our office, a converted leather factory between Euston and St Pancras, is relaxed and unique, with a friendly atmosphere and a diverse team of clever people from around the world. The company offers a growing benefits package that includes pension, health insurance, a cycle-to-work scheme, and daily fresh fruit. We care about what we do, but we generally do not work long hours.
Our mission is to increase the efficiency and success of the R&D process. Society has created huge quantities of complex information and data but the ability to use this to create knowledge for drug discovery and development is still at its infancy. However, the tools and technologies to explore this data are rapidly developing and Benevolent.AI’s aim is to use deep judgement and applied AI combined with pharmaceutical expertise to accelerate the process by which new medicines are discovered and developed.
- Expert programming skills in at least one of Python or Java. The ideal candidate will be proficient in both.
- A problem-solving mind set with an agnostic approach to languages and technology
- Minimum of five years software engineering experience in a commercial environment.
- Knowledge of relevant technologies and opinions on what to use. Technologies we’re interested in: Java, Python, Neo4J, ElasticSearch, Linux, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Docker, Bamboo, Travis, Terraform, AWS, EC2, Jenkins, Sonar, Git, VMWare, Saltstack, Atlassian, MySQL, NoSQL, Hadoop, Spark, Nginx, Apache
- A strong advocate of test driven development, automated testing and other practices for producing resilient software.
- Experience of Agile scrum, fast iterative environments, and version control.
- Competitive salary, depending on experience, extensive benefits.
- Options, Pension, Health, Life Insurance, STL, Gym Subsidy, Bonus
We offer a great opportunity to do what you like, while doing something that will improve and save millions of people’s lives. Please send your CV and a cover letter to our team here
Please Note: In compliance with the Data Regulations, we will may keep your Personal Data for as long as it’s necessary to carry out normal recruitment activities in line with regulated timelines before they are securely deleted as outlined on our “Privacy Notice”. This is irrespective of your success in this application or not. Your Personal Data will be processed solely for recruitment purpose (you may receive regular job opening updates or contacted by the recruitment team) and you will be duly informed if we intend to process your Personal Data for anything outside the scope of our policy.
Under GDPR, you have the right to ask us not to process, restrict, delete or correct your Personal Data. At your request, the processing of your Personal Data will either be restricted, corrected or securely deleted entirely as long as there are no legal or consensual reasons for further processing. Do click on our “Terms and Conditions” for additional information.