The De Beers Group is currently working with BCG Digital Ventures on a blockchain venture for the diamond industry. The venture has been in development for a number of months, and a pilot is now underway, with a subsequent launch expected later this year.
Our Venture is utilising cutting edge Blockchain technology to create digital certificates to track diamond authenticity and traceability. The aim of our venture is to construct a single, tamper-proof diamond ledger that underpins confidence in diamonds by creating a permanent record for each registered diamond on the chain. To do this, we are working in collaboration with BCG Digital Ventures – a global venture firm responsible for building companies such as Coup, WonderBill and FarePilot.
This role is therefore a unique opportunity to work with both diamond industry experts and leaders in venture building. As one of the early employees in this new initiative, you will have the opportunity to take an active role in strategic decisions and the overall direction of the initiative.
- Work with broader De Beers team to define project requirements and key workstreams
- Collate and manage ongoing project feedback and backlogs for data science, process and data collection teams
- Manage a dedicated team of engineers and designers
- Develop, monitor and report project KPIs
- Communicate progress to stakeholders including C-level management
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited educational institution in a technical or business discipline
- An MBA or other advanced degree (preferred)
- A background in chemistry, earth science or physics and material sciences combined with data science is preferred but not required
- 3+ years of experience as a Project Manager, overseeing a dedicated team and managing prioritization, roadmap, and delivery of functionalities
- Ability to thrive in a highly intellectually-demanding environment
- The ability to manage time and schedules to meet deadlines and influence through persuasive written and verbal communication
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Working knowledge of agile development methodologies
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills
- A diligent attention to detail and strong technical intuition
- Experience with data-driven project management
- Experience with UX topics and ability to develop concepts autonomously (e.g. customer journeys)
- Experience in a fast-moving startup culture
- Knowledge on blockchain technology