We are now seeking a hands on Head of Engineering to lead our software development team and efforts on our latest Internet of Things venture, MachineMax, based in London.
MachineMax is a mobile machine management system that allows construction executives to optimise machine utilisation and reduce Total Cost of Operation for every machine on every project, through smart sensors and a mobile application.
As one of the early employees in this new initiative, you will have the opportunity to take an active role in strategic decisions and the overall direction of the initiative.
Explore a variety of IoT technologies and lead the development of our cutting edge technology. Apply technology for different verticals and use cases to build niche platforms and solutions. Lead a team of engineers to deliver one or more solution components.
- Develop architecture and technology design of application modules including solution apps and platforms
- Hands-on development experience
- Experience of developing low level embedded systems in the recent past (ideally within the past 3/4 years)
- Experience in peer review of team member’s code
- Own sprint planning and manage the releases for assigned modules
- Accountable for design and code deliverables for the assigned modules across sprints
- Provide hands-on technology leadership to the team
- Ensure consistent best practices, processes, and procedures for software development, quality assurance, and maintenance
- Work closely with the leadership team to identify risks, opportunities
- Sustained experience working on large software products as a senior/lead member of engineering team at startups/ spin offs
- Deep experience with cloud technology stacks, security systems, transaction processing, and high availability technologies
- Experience with building service based technologies including microservice frameworks
- Worked on a diverse set of full stack technologies including experience with web, scripting and low level system coding
- Very strong hands on experience with either front end and back end development using frameworks (our stack is Golang / Go, React / React Native)
- Experience in low level embedded C/C++
- Understand LPWAN technologies (LoRaWAN or SigFox)
- Motivated to explore new opportunities in leading edge technologies leveraging system technology experience
- Thrive on learning new technologies, don’t believe in one-size-fits-all solutions and adapt easily to meet the needs of massive growth and rapidly evolving business environment
- You will have deployed one or more distributed or microservice application back-ends used by thousands (or more) end users, or delivered significant business value in a business or enterprise context.
- Broad understanding of the needed tool chain to operate a digital business reaching from Continuous Integration, Testing, Product Analytics, to Marketing Automation and Customer Engagement
- You are a digital native and agile is not just a term for you: You know how to do fast release cycles with highest quality standards
- Experience of leading engineering teams
- Ability to think big, but also get involved in code (startup mentality)
- Ideally a BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
We are building the next innovation of IoT for the construction industry (and beyond) - and we're really excited about it. Please get in touch if you're interested in being apart of our amazing journey.