BBC World Service is an international multimedia broadcaster, part of BBC News, delivering a wide range of language and regional services and working increasingly with other parts of BBC News to serve global audiences.
As part of an historic and exciting expansion of the BBC World Service, BBC Russian is boosting its TV and digital offer to provide more mobile, and TV/video content and to further expand its social-media presence.
The expanded team is based predominantly in the BBC’s Moscow bureau as well as in the BBC’s headquarters in London, working closely and collaboratively (including with colleagues in BBC News) to deliver the best service for BBC audiences. We are also looking for reporting teams to work in locations across the FSU, Russia, and other locations.
BBC Russian aims to deliver international news relevant to Russian-speaking audience and to put the events in Russia and the wider region in a global perspective.
We are now looking for a talented Senior Journalist with experience of running social media channels and YouTube to join the team in London.
- In this role you will support the expansion of our digital video output, primarily on the BBC Russian Service YouTube channel and other social media platforms.
- Working closely with our Social media, Digital video and TV teams you will help develop, grow and guide BBC Russian’s YouTube channel. You will also produce innovative new content and formats which will educate, inform and entertain target audiences. As a Senior Journalist you will ensure that video output conforms to the highest editorial, visual and production standards. You will act as a point of editorial reference for producers and correspondents.
The Ideal Candidate
- We are looking for a YouTube enthusiast, with a strong understanding of what makes good digital video. You should be familiar with the formats and the tools required to produce great content for YouTube and will have experience of generating and producing original ideas for the platform. You will be up to date with digital and video trends, globally and locally and will understand the particularities of BBC Russian’s audience.
- Candidates must be fluent in English and Russian, both written and spoken.
For further information please read the full job description. You can download this at the bottom of the page.
About The Company
- We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You’ll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
- The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
- Continuing (permanent) contract
- Salary up to £42,000 per annum (inclusive of all allowances)
Any offer of employment with the BBC will be conditional upon you having the right to work in the UK.