Bromley, United Kingdom
Job number: 18006738
Back to job search results
Apply Now for this job >
Corporate Title: Officer
Line of Business: Quality and Control Management
Here at our Bromley Office we are looking for an individual to join our Quality and Control Management team as a Senior Business Control Specialist.
The Quality and Control Management team sits within our Global Technology & Operations line of business. As part of the broader GT&O organization, employees in EMEA benefit from working in a company that invests billions of dollars each year in leading-edge technology, and from working in a company that excels in delivering operating services.
In GT&O, our team expects excellence, rewards high performance, develops its leaders, encourages innovation, demands integrity, cultivates trust and teamwork, and promotes diversity and inclusion. That culture, combined with market leadership and a wide array of professional opportunities, enables EMEA T&O to attract and retain the brightest minds in the business.
In return we not only offer the training and support you’d expect from a leading global bank but also the opportunity to grow your career right here in Bromley. With exposure to a variety of financial products and the continued year-on-year growth of the team, we can offer excellent mobility and development.
Working hours for this role average 8.30am – 6.30pm.
As a Senior Business Control Specialist your main responsibilities will involve:
- The Quality & Control Management Team is responsible for QA of Refresh & On-boarding to ensure that Bank of America meets both the regulatory and internal AML/KYC requirements
- The QA team is responsible for quality assurance review of the AML documentation for the Bank’s branches in its Europe, Middle East and Africa division (EMEA)
- The team has a vacancy for an individual who has experience of undertaking QA reviews of Corporate AML/KYC documentation to ensure compliance with AML regulations and policies
- The role includes a high level of attention to detail, understanding of policy and maintenance of information electronically, therefore, a solid knowledge of PC skills is required, as are good organizational skills
As a Senior Business Control Specialist your skills/competencies would include:
- Experience of Corporate AML/KYC/ QA documentation and AML regulations
- Experience of people management/team leadership role
- Excellent analytical and communication skills (both oral and written in English)
- Solid organisational skills
- A flexible, team-spirited approach with the ability to work independently
- A good knowledge of various corporate structures e.g. Funds, Trusts, Partnerships, SPVs, etc.
- Good knowledge of AML/KYC requirements and the QA process
- Ability to work accurately to tight deadlines in a demanding environment
- Attention to detail
- Good MS Office skills
- A law degree
- Fluency in one or more of the following languages:
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch’s responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you‘re interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It’s important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.
Posting Date: 15/03/2018
Bromley, , 26 ELMFIELD RD (473672),
- United Kingdom